2015 Civic Type-R

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Feirny, Mar 3, 2015.

1. But when you consider these 'hatchbacks' are beating lap times of 5 year old Supercars and consider the low running costs and practicality in comparison even 30k seems reasonable, if outright pace is your thing.

2. I really like the look of this car but there's no way the wife would drive it, she already thinks her Abarth 500 is a bit to girl racer now. We've been looking at and waiting to see what hot hatches we could get next but I've got to agree about the costs creeping up. It seems so a bit to steep for a hot hatch. We'd be more worried putting a large deposit on a hot hatch than a 4 year old M3, C63 etc.

I remember when I bought my 197 Cup brand new for £13,250

It'll be good see what time the production car sets if this is just the development car with a roll cage etc. (according to PistonHeads)

3. +1. I'm sure anyone buying a used M3 or a car similar (c63, rs5 etc) would consider the running costs beforehand.

4. I think you are right there.

If it's pure performance and lap times along with cheap ish consumables then the latest hot hatches are hard to beat. The world has gone mad!

For an everyday ownership proposition (I wouldn't track my pride and joy) I would take the older more charismatic big capacity German stuff.

No denying these latest hatches have freakish levels of performance though.

5. I did just that. And ended up buying a new Trophy. 4 years warranty, servicing & breakdown cover included. How much is that x4 years on the 5 year old M3?

To me it's a bit of a none argument, buying old verses new for the same money as the purchase price is only a part of the overall cost.

I think the current crop of hot (mega) hatches are great at 30k, and I welcome this Civic and the new Focus RS. To me it makes older cars like the E92 M3 look expensive rather than the other way round when you take the performance into account. I understand there's more to it than that of course but for some they fit the bill perfectly. It good we've got the choice I say - don't knock 'em :smile:

6. Completely agree with you - however faced with the option of a new Focus RS/Type-R/275 etc vs a used 2010 M3 (and I can cope with the running costs), there's only one way I'd go. To have a violent V8 and a happy tail means more to me than having a FWD 4 pot that is great around the ring :smile: Plus it's undeniably better looking imo

7. Just been to have a look at one of these at Honda Bedford. Pictures I have seen don't do it any justice and I think it looks awesome in the flesh, especially in this colour.

Taking it for a test drive on Sunday morning!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Does look bloody awesome.

9. Honda have emailed me they're available in showrooms, may take a look myself. Did they indicate monthly costs or good pcp deals

10. I'm booked in for a test drive in the Nottingham dealer on Sunday at 2.30 I love em not sure what the color is though

11. Checked one out today. It's a beast for sure

12. Only briefly spoke about finance. The bloke I was speaking to mentioned £10k down then £299 a month. I think you can get finance with a minimum of 5.2% deposit.
    I will know more on Sunday.

13. I saw one the other night that a dealer had brought out

They look very purposeful but just dammm uggllllyyyy

THey were telling me that they are not sold out and if you order one at the minute the waiting time is only until September

14. Just been to Honda, don't think the new typeR is for me, not driven it till Sunday bet had a good look round it, just not sure on the inside and the gear change, when you go for 5th there is a big space that you can select and miss 5th

15. I noticed that with the gear change! Not sure what that is going to be like when driving it. It needs a gate like the meg!!

16. The deals on these are pretty poor and supposedly no discount will be given......

17. That's correct! Honda dealers have been instructed that no deals are to be given on them!

18. The finance deal of 10k down 300ppm kind of defeats the point of pcp doesnt it? With regards to discounts i'd wait classic case of supply and demand. Does anyone know how long the production run for them is?

19. No discount and they'll not sell many/any, not on PCP at that price anyway imho.

It does look great in the pics above and the gear change can't be 'wrong' as no testers have mentioned it thus far.

20. I like it, but I just wish they'd kept the back end the same as the concept.

21. Well it's weird going into 5th it's all most as if there is a 7th gear

22. I've been all for this new type r, loved the styling and its purposeful presence

Until I seen my first one !!!

YUK

Dont get me wrong it was a really subtle colour (dark blue, actually a lovely looking colour in the sun) but the car just looks out of proportion. The wheels look tiny, the rear front wing vents look ridiculous and cheap. It makes a MK2 Focus RS in Ultimate Green look subtle.

its certainly not for me, I'm certain it'll be extremely capable but there's no way the styling is a necessity even if it adds aero benefits. I'd rather do without.

23. I've always liked type R's and was looking forward to this new one, but the styling reminds of something out of Battlestar Galactica!! If only we could have the engineering quality of Honda with the Megane then it really would be the muts nuts!

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I must be in the few that like it styling wise on here, I think it looks mental. Just how a hot hatch should IMO.

If i were to end up with that sort of money to buy a new Hot Hatch then this would be right at the top of the list TBH especially as a do all car.

25. I really like the styling as well. I saw a white one in the flesh the other day and turned my car around to go back and have a look at it.

26. Love it looks awesome
    Real aggressive looking unlike the megane 3rs

27. I like the front and thats it, ruined the rear end for me and the arches are half assed.

blue one in my local dealer too, i prob wont even bother driving it - sounds laggy too from the reviews

28. So i test drove the Type-R this morning! I'm a little bit torn to be honest. It really isn't that much faster than my 250 but it don't get me wrong it is quick! In some tight corners i needed one less gear in the Civic than the Meg! It is lovely inside and has a real quality feel to it! I wasn't blown away and on a back road i think i would easily keep up with it! If i were to buy one, the first thing i'd want to do is put an exhaust system on, doesn't pop and crackle like a turbo car should.

Honda offered me £11500 for my car on a p/x which i was quite pleased with and with the GT pack and metallic paint over three years it would be £313 a month! The worrying thing about it is it only has a GFMV of £14983 and i think thats an epic amount of money to lose on a three year old car although i'd imagine they will be worth more!!

29. NJH

NJH

Its a conundrum this car for sure. I am sure most of you have seen all the same youtube videos I have, on one hand it blew away everything around Llandow including the latest M3 yet Carbuyers review of it seemed very disappointing. I don't know why but I want to like this car and want to want it if that makes any sense. How far away is the next Megane model?

30. I really like it and it is good. But the cost of it and the predicted value out me off a bit. And like I said I other than it being more modern inside and quality feel to it , it isn't really any better than the Meg. But I still think I want one.

31. Went to the honda garage today looks seriously good, although the biggest let down is that the rear wheels are so tucked into the arches makes it look utter wank needs spacers big time imo

32. The 250 is the same with the cup wheels.

33. But it probably doesn't look as obvious as on the Meg

34. I beg to differ.

35. My 265 doesn't look like the wheels are tucked into the arches. It looks horrible on the type R. 38d7d5192d2d523a14621cebe82b4a8f.jpg

36. type r.jpg

It seems to get good and not so good reviews. I know Evo aren't the final word on everything, but for me the fact it came 4th in their recent test which was topped by the 275 Trophy says it all. I've warmed to the styling, especially after seeing a couple on the road and in that grey in the picture above, however that wouldn't be anywhere near enough to make me part with that kind of money. Not on a Honda anyway

37. Test drove one today, power delivery very strong, dump valve whoosh great,,,,, cornering fxxking awesome!!!!!!! Felt flat, direct and very planted. Had a set Of Continental 6's on, semi tracks, didn't know they did them, but I think had an impact on the grip levels. Type R drivability and enjoyment taken on to the next level, a definite track beast. I drove the exact same road after in my RS250 cup, whilst it was still a great ride, and allowing for the power difference, the Honda felt really good, a nice short shift, bloody quick and it was smiles all the way!!! Problem,,,,,,,,,, I get out and look back at the cars styling, now, I'm the wrong side of 50 and I suspect that every time I stepped out of the Type R people would think "what a knob"! And I'd probably feel a bit of a one aswell, seeing it in the flesh I've warmed to it a bit, but for me it's a younger man's ( or woman's) car, not sure I could live with it.

38. It doesn't matter how old someone is, people will judge others on their car no matter what.

If the car gives you smiles all the way and makes you feel good, id go for it. People don't think my car is representative of my line of work but clients rarely see it anyways and contractors see it it always sparks typical petrol head conversation. Too many bland German motors out there!

39. these are made in my town, my sister works in the factory doing I.T. Apparently all the bosses got one!