2014 BTCC Megane breaks cover

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Motorsport Media' started by Naith, Sep 13, 2013.

1. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

It 100% won't handle like an RS though. Don't get me wrong, I like my GT as it surprises people and blends in (one of the reasons i like the GT line) but they just don't corner or stop like an RS

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its will be the closest to a RS though

3. MicKPM

I disagree as it's really no different to the 2.0T GT we have now except it has another face lifted front bumper, 18" wheels over 17" and 20HP more.

No LSD, No suspension, No Brembo brake upgrade and the RS Monitor is a seriously pricey option.

If you want a 5 door RS this won't be it. You can drive mine if you like to see how much fun it is in a straight line but throw a corner in front of it and your eyes will roll back into your head as the body rolls.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What engine is in the GT Line that we have now?

5. GT and GT line they are different. You may have even 1.5 dCi with GT line pack. Proper GT has got 2.0 turbo 180 HP. Estate GT220 will produce 40 HP more, but will be closer to GT then RS in terms of suspension, handling and brakes.

6. MicKPM

No i meant the GT as a model/line up which depending on the car bangs out 180ps to 210ps. The original GT range was basically a Dynamique trim (which could be spec'd up) with a 2.0T and suspension that was mildly lower than that found in the standard range levels. They eventually came up with the "GT Line" which was very nicely spec'd and now, in the case of the guy that comes to see me regularly from Renault UK, has a nice interior and has the "Renault Sport" logo everywhere (Fake carbon with the red pin stripe across the dash and a proper analogue speedo head like the 250/265) and this was in a 1.6dCi

"Detuned 250" also translates to (most likely, going off previous GT's) a CR of 9:1 rather than 8.5:1 and a smaller turbo.

Paul at RS Tuning has had the 180ps churn out just shy of 220ps with a remap and I know my 180 has the same injectors as the 250 as standard just with the marginally higher CR and smaller blower.

7. Does it mean you need those expensive spark plugs for GT too?

8. MicKPM

Thankfully... hell no! Mine are about £42 for a set from RUK but they need changing every 36k/2yrs or else the lump starts missing like a beggar under boost. I genuinely thought the worst when it happened just after I bought it.

I can't wait to let Paul@RST loose with mine in August.