2013 evoque

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Zs_phil, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Hi all
    Has anyone owned or own an evoque
    Going to look at a 2.2 sd4 pure tomorrow

Just want to know what are they like to live with ;space, realistic mpg, problems if any
    Obviously googled but can never tell on a forum that is for a type of car cause there all bias
    Like here and other forums

2. How did you get on?

Before I got the Megane I was looking at more family based cars and I was deciding between a year old X3 with 5k on or a year old Evoque with 10k on.
    The Evoque was at the dealer in Newport Pagnell- I personally thought the quality was appalling. The car looked like it had done 110k inside and it wasn't as comfortable. The stereo was good though I must say.
    The economy from the diesel isn't supposed to be great either.

I would definitely look at the other options I found most of the rivals were much better all round. Depends how much your willing to sacrifice paying for 'that badge'

Zs_phil likes this.
  3. The boss wife has one and I have driven it a few times, the first thing that always jumps out at me is how small it is inside

4. Mrs has one, got it about 6 months ago. Got to admit it is a very nice car, although she did get herself the HSE dynamic black pack in white with a few options.

Mpg is poor at avg 38 and thats the new 180bhp diesel and updated 9 speed box. Torque is good and it can shift when you push on. Gearbox is cr@p though, slow down to a junction and if you see a gap forget it as you put your foot down and it gets a fright looking for the right gear. Drive me nuts!! I use the paddles in sport when I drive it.

Interior build quality is good, but like everything, get the right spec and its good, get the wrong spec and you'll struggle to live with it.

I tried to get her to buy something else, as to me it's a 'freelander in drag', but she had her heart set on one and she loves it.

5. Well bought an evoque 3 door dynamic
    Took it out for a drive and it's amazing
    Made the interior of the Megane look from the 80s
    It's got everything sat nav tv electric heated seats reverse camera electric self closing boot xenons amazing black and red 2 tone interior and a pan roof
    And got 7.5k trade in for my 2010 250 with 70k on clock and service history by me
    With a few things that needed doing to it which I think is a good price

6. Sounds good mate. I do like these in 3 door spec.

Stick some pics if you will please inc. the interior.

Zs_phil likes this.
  7. Will do
    Its no speed demon but times are changing for me unfortunately family expanding (boxer puppy) haha and as the kids are getting older it's getting harder for them to get in the back of the meg with it been so low and the recaros are taking a battering
    Only owned hot hatch performance cars so will be different haha
    Fuel wise apparently not Great but not fussed as it's a weekend family getaway car DSC_0332.JPG That's it after I took it out for a drive will get better pics on Friday
    Black wheels and black badges are to come

Xanda73 likes this.
  8. Screenshot_20160719-231820.png not the best of pics but window was closed when I took these pics for the wife and shows a bit of glare

9. TBH this is common on a lot of autos. Our Audi's were notorious for it.

10. Don't like autos mines a manual