265 2011 RS Recall

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by James265trophy, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Renault are saying my 2011 RS has an outstanding recall to do with the engine that needs done urgently. My car has never been in to the dealer so it’s probably be outstanding for a while I would think. Has anyone else heard of this? Can’t find anything on google or when putting my VIN on the Renault recall check either.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's probably the aux belt rattle

3. It doesn’t seem to rattle but I’ll get it looked at as I need to take it in for a spare key anyway.

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

If you are getting a spare key from Renault, get two, first one is £180 the second is just £40, but they don't tell you that

5. Cheers, I only need the one but it’s something to bare in mind.

6. Is that supplied and programmed

7. ianplymouth

Not sure but i think so, i got a friend of a friend to do mine as he came to me because my card snapped in two and was unable to start the car and he's a locksmith anyway :sunglasses:

8. Renault quoted £176 supplied and programmed

Cazper likes this.
  9. ianplymouth

That's each for an extra £40 you can get a second one, that's the bit they don't tell you, you have to buy them at the same time though

Cazper likes this.
  10. cheers guys, think i will pop into my local deal and get one or should i say two done

11. Went in today and it’s the recall is a sheath on the wiring harness. They also said they might update the car, would this remove the remap? If it does I’ll tell them not to do it.

12. This is a quality assurance campaign which affects approximately 50 Renault Mégane III fitted with the F4R engine. The operation involves fitting a protective sleeve to a section of the engine wiring to prevent any contact with the engine lifting ring."

After a bit of googling I’ve found its only a few cars with the problem

13. Was this just on 2011 265?

14. Think so mine was out the same time as the 250 so maybe a few of those affected too