2009 Honda S2000 67k

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Danwebster, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Anyone fancy the wind in their hair!?

The car is an 09 model on 67 thousand miles. I purchased the car in june 2020 with 51k on the clock in completely standard condition. I have mildly (but hopefully you will agree tastefully) modified the car over the last couple of years.

During my ownership I have replaced the dampers with MeisterR GT1 coilovers, fitted stainless steel brake lines, DS2500 pads, vibratechnics engine mounts and an AFE cold air in take which is only slightly louder than the OEM airbox. Both the original engine mounts and original airbox will be included with the sale, although the stiffer engine mounts transform the responsiveness of the car there is a slight trade off in NVH - not at all bad in any way, but noticable.

The car also comes with a Hondata flashpro installed and has been remapped with the vtec switchover lowered to 4000rpm which fills in the mid range torque curve a lot.

The engine was professionally rebuilt at 56k after the failure of a main bearing. It was rebuilt with new big end and main bearings (correctly graded honda bearings), new thrust bearings, new oil jets and bolts, new oil pump, new timing chain and tensioner, head gasket and seals. After rebuilding and remapping the engine gave 10hp more than when I first purchased the car and has performed faultlessly since, including a track day at Donington only a couple of weeks after the engine was reinstalled. Also fitted was a lighter flywheel and a new OEM clutch kit and fully balanced bottom end. The engine is especially sweet now and absolutely zings round to the limiter.

Externally its in good condition for a 14 year old car. There's no rust, a few small stone chips on the front as you'd expect but generally looks lovely. A new roof was fitted prior to my ownership so that is in great condition too.

I recently had the car professionally detailed, paint corrected and ceramic coated which has brought the paintwork back to showroom condition, if not better. It really does not look its age at all.

The interior is black leather, the seats are in good condition albeit with the usual wear showing on the drivers bolster. No rips or tears though. I fitted the genuine honda mats at vast expense when I bought the car which are still in perfect condition. An aftermarket radio unit is fitted and some upgraded speakers inside the doors.

£16500 ono

FullSizeRender_cVWCHpcrFbmgLiG5eXPnqb.jpg

FullSizeRender_aAyD8iHXJsEu9EnJiX7i67.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_9455.jpg

IMG_9453.jpg

RS_Rowe likes this.
  2. Location for viewings might help the sale @Danwebster

3. Woops!
    Very good point - I’m located in Bromsgrove, West Midlands.

4. Gotta love an S2K; wind in your hair, and the howl of the F20c. A late one like this is defo going to appreciate. GLWS

5. Yep its a cracking engine. I build them for a living though so I am biased.

I did one trackday in it after the engine rebuild but in truth its a better road car than a track car. Still very capable though and comfortable to drive home afterwards too :smiley: