225 2007 RS 225 new owner really need help and answers!!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by AhmadYAlHamed, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hi everyone! i just purchased a 2007 RS Megane 225. i've only used it for a couple of weeks and it only has 69,000kms but i noticed something really weird and could be really bad. the car had 3 owners so im the 4th owner. What i know is that it has a milltek catback exhaust and lowering springs and thats it. i checked it before buying it everywhere and everyone said the car is perfectly fine.
    however, now that im using it to go to school everyday, the car drives perfectly fine it boosts up and revs and everything when i first start it up. however if i've used it for more than an hour and the temp. gauge is in the middle, the engine begins to cut at certain rpm and throttle. if i increase the throttle the car jerks pretty bad and the engine cuts as if i removed my foot off the gas. but if i turn the engine off for a couple of minutes and let it cool down a bit and fill it up with gas (even if it's already full) the jerking and cutting goes away for a while but it always comes back so i wonder if its a small problem or a major problem? im doubting that it's been tuned before as it looks like it was used for track. plus there's a (BLOUCH TURBO) sticker on the engine cover so i'm guessing a replaced blouch turbo? because i can clearly hear the turbo whistle when accelerating and i dont think thats stock. please help if you can? appreciate the read. thanks!

2. I am sure you will get a deluge of replies telling you this shortly, so to beat the crowd...

Have you plugged the car into a code reader yet? First step is to check any fault codes are stored. Ideally, the best code reader is Renaults CLIP which any good Renault garage should have. If that's not an option then any other good OBD2 code reader will give you a head start on the fault codes stored.

This should always be the first step in figuring out what is wrong with the car with a not-so-clear problem like this one! :smile:

3. I'd take a guess at a coil pack starting to break down with the heat if the engine when it's been running a while, although as ewant said a fault code reader will stop you guessing.

The turbo whistle is normal it's a characteristic of the car Iirc it's down to the centre section on the exhaust

4. Thanks for the replies guys! yeah i already took it to a garage and they checked twice there is no error code whatsoever.

5. Just noticed your in Saudi arabia, its not the actual heat causing the engine to pull timing or anything?
    If i were you i'd either buy the torque app and a ELM327 obd interface (will cost around £15-£20) if you have android or the apple equivilant, think its dash command and a wireless not bluetooth obd interface. Or a datalogger of some sorts to monitor the intake temperatures and what not as i'm guessing its above 40 degrees at the moment out there?

6. No not really, this happens at 35 degrees or something and while at night, i have a subaru sti which is also a turbo and i use it with the heat there isnt a problem

7. If it was a sensor pushing the timing out (like the knock sensor), it should throw an error code.

This problem is beyond me tbh.. :worried:

8. But if it's on the standard intercooler and its got a cheeky remap you don't know about from the previous owner it may be making a lot of heat it can't deal with and is gradually heat soaking till it can't cope? As stage 1 remaps over here heat soak badly on the dyno on the oem intercooler.
    Just a thought as you said you were unsure if it was standard?

9. If it is heat soak then you can monitor the IAT (intake air temp) with an OBD2 reader and an app like Torque on Android.

10. You can also check the boost pressure with Torque. If it reads peak boost over 1bar then I think it has been remapped. Typically a remapped car over here will read 1.1 bar peak boost pressure.

11. Well guys, turns out the intercooler isnt stock either... but i guess you guys are right maybe its something related to heat because when i turn off the car (when the engine is cutting) the fan is cooling the car while its already off so do you think that's it? maybe the intercooler or the whole car needs to get remapped. i'll give the boost pressure a try but it may take a while since i cant buy an OBD2 scanner so im gonna order one online. ill post updates whenever its here. thanks for the help guys!

12. Oh and another thing, i was just on youtube and i saw a couple of acceleration videos.. my car accelerates NOTHING like in the videos the rpm builds up too slow to even reach 6500rpm.. i reckon it needs a tune?

13. Salaam Brother.

You running it on Mumtaz , or Jayed ?

14. W alaikum alsalam brother. mumtaz bro 95

15. I think that could be the problem. The mumtaz in the gulf is better than the jayed , but its still not the greatest. The car should really be run on 97+ RON.
    I wonder if it is hesitating and pulling the power due to the fuel quality.
    Where abouts in Saudi are you ?

16. I would also check the plugs.

17. Surely the car would have been mapped to take into account the difference in calorific value prior to import? Or am I assuming to much!

18. I dont think its about the gas because alot of supercars here run it completely fine. im in Sharqiyah (dammam-khobar) but i dont think you would know haha, and i forgot to mention i just changed the spark plugs and did a complete service for it and the problem is still there. gonna take it to the renault agency here to see if they can hopefully figure it out but they're crap so im not really putting hopes up. if they dont figure it out im just gonna scan it with the obd2 scanner and the boost pressure and possibly retune it in a dyno

19. You would have thought so right ? The gas in the gulf is so much different to the Euro regions. For instance you dont get vapour on the Gulf gas. It also doesnt smell when burnt.

20. This is true, however you will note other than the newer cars they are all NA. All the imports are tuned and mapped. All the yank stuff is used to lower grade fuel. The gas is quite different from Euro gas, so I think it is to do with it.

I know Dammam , well , just over the causeway a lot better. I have friends who work in Dammam.

It might be worth a trip over the causeway to EKanoo garage to get them to have a look. They have some talented workers there.

21. I'm guessing that they must add something to raise the flash point because of the heat, less vapour less chance of it going bang on the forecourt?

22. You are absolutely right..

Yeah i know ekanoo but theyre too expensive they rip you off for a simple job, its either them or AMS performance garage but im not going there unless if im totally hopeless lol. thanks for the help man

23. ekanoo are quality. :smile:

I know of bd-design. Abdullah is very good as well. They are in Dammam. Just of the Dammam-Khobar highway

24. you mean by-design? they charge like 2000 pounds (10k riyals) just for a tune hahahaah.. im surprised you know all this though? you lived here ?

25. You're a brave man driving in Saudi. I've done some work in Riyadh scary driving isn't even scratching the surface!!

26. I frequent the gulf a lot. I also have a lot of contacts in the Gulf. An awful lot :smile:

27. Hahahahahah you get used to it mate.

28. Just out of curiosity , which plugs did you change to ?

29. Genuine ones from renault agency