2007 R26 Megane with some issues

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Greggers, Feb 20, 2021.

1. 2007 Renault Sport 230 F1 R26

Recently inherited, I don't need another car and this is taking up space. Car has done just over 144,000 miles and has some issues:

• Just had compression check at Engine Dynamics, low compression on cylinders 1 (120psi), 2 (110psi) and 3 (110 psi), cylinder 4 is at 145psi. Car still has good power but has a tendency to stutter around 3,000/4,000 when under load.
    • Offside door has a reasonable sized dent (see photo).
    • Offside a-pillar has a small dent (see photo).
    • Front bumper paint is flaking in places and is stone-chipped (see photo).
    • There is an issue with the electronic adjustment of the door mirrors, currently disconnected.
    The last MOT was carried out at the end of Jan and some work was done to get it through (top-mount, couple of bushes, HID adjuster). The remaining advisories are:

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
    • Nearside Front Brake hose slightly chafed incorrectly mounted (1.1.12 (b) (i))
    Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
    • Nearside Rear Position lamp slightly affected by the operation of another lamp (4.2.3 (c))
    • Offside Rear Position lamp slightly affected by the operation of another lamp (4.2.3 (c))
    • no reverse lights
    • Offside Front exterior door handle sticks open (now fixed)
    • Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
    • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
    • Offside Front Tyre has a cut but not deep enough to reach the ply or cords (5.2.3 (d) (i))
    • headlight (HID) adjuster rod broken away from the NSF suspension
    • Offside Front Drag link end ball joint has slight play inner tie rod end (2.1.3 (b) (i))
    • Offside Front Road wheel slightly distorted (5.2.2 (c) (i))
    • Nearside Front headlamp unit bracket broken
    On the plus side:

• It does have almost a year of MOT left
    • New clutch and single-mass flywheel fitted last year < 500 miles ago
    • Interior is in decent condition, Recaros still look good
    Other points of note:
    • KTec Exhaust system
    • Eibach pro springs
    • RS Tuning injector upgrade and 'Stage 2' upgrade
    • Adv1 wheels, offset for wider track
    There's a folder full of service history from its earlier life, belts were last done in 2015 at around 124,000 miles so that's overdue.

Currently waiting for V5 to return from the DVLA.

Happy to answer any questions, would make a good car for breaking/short-term run-around. No idea how quickly the compression has degraded or how quickly it will get worse.

Open to offers, if it doesn't sell here, it's going on eBay.
    R26_01.jpg R26_02.jpg R26_03.jpg R26_04.jpg R26_05.jpg R26_06.jpg R26_07.jpg R26_08.jpg R26_09.jpg R26_10.jpg R26_11.jpg R26_12.jpg R26_13.jpg R26_14.jpg R26_15.jpg R26_16.jpg R26_17.jpg R26_18.jpg R26_19.jpg R26_20.jpg R26_21.jpg R26_22.jpg R26_23.jpg R26_24.jpg R26_25.jpg R26_26.jpg

2. Oh yeah, forgot to mention - Car is in Essex (near Colchester)

3. Pmed mate

4. PM’d mate

5. Sold - Deposit taken.

6. Vik

Vik

Would you be interested in selling the lower front grill and lower splitter separately?

7. What did you sell this for pal?

8. is this still for sale?