225 2005 megane 225 White/blue smoke & slight uneven idle

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Liam collins, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Evening all.

Had our first track day yesterday at Castle Combe. Addicted!

The day before I had driven the car to a garage to have it tracked. Drove there fine parked it up, they got it on the ramp and tracked it, started it up to drive it out and had a pretty serious mushroom cloud of white/blue smoke (more white than blue) out of the exhaust. It now smokes a bit weather it’s cold or hot.

Any ideas?

I don’t know if it could be related but it slightly hunts for revs as well. This is so minimal that I’ve never worried about it, the needle doesn’t move at all, you can just hear and feel it ever so slightly.

On an unrelated topic, after my second session at castle Combe I had some pretty bad brake judder through the steering wheel under heavy braking, I’m running ds1.11 front pads with brembo HC discs and ds2500 pads on the rear with OEM discs.

I’d talked myself into this just being pad deposits on the discs but anybody got any other ideas on what this could be?

Thanks I’m advanced people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

What modifications does your engine have and what mileage is on it

Could be a number of things, throttle body could do with a clean, valve guides wear out (done two heads already) or it could be the turbo

3. Thanks for the reply mate.

The car is on 129,000 miles bless it.

Mods are a miltek decat and full Mitek exhaust, forge dump valve and a remap (don’t know who it’s by)

As you say with it potentially being a few different things, I really don’t know where to start investigating? I’ve done a bit of searching but difficult to nail down an area to check first.

I accept it’s an old car and could really do with a complete engine rebuild to get it running perfectly. However, this is a cheap way for me to start getting into track driving with the hope of building a proper r26 race car to enter into the 750mc hot hatch class at a later date. So if I can get a year or so out of this one without it dying I’d be more than happy with that!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Sorry been away track dayin :blush::blush:

My 2012 mk3 has done 118k miles now, okay i forged the engine last Christmas/new year so basically a new engine now:laughing::laughing:

You need to narrow down the problem.
    First take off the intake pipe to see if there is any signs of oil in there, next will be the turbo out pipe see if there is oil residue in there.
    If there is in the intake pipe, clean it and then disconnect the engine breather pipe and see if it smokes