2004 225 Inferno Orange 3DR ( Needs flywheel )

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by twinturbo, Jul 3, 2021.

1. See Images here..

Please read the description in full before messaging, the car is located in Carlisle (CA6) and will need collecting (Covid Safe).

Selling my Megane Sport RS 225.

Features....
    Inferno Orange Paint
    225BHP Engine -
    6 Speed. Half Leather sports seats
    Central Locking
    Power Windows
    Cruise Control
    Auto Wipers
    Auto Lights
    Climate Control ( unsure if it blows cold as it's never been driven during warm weather. Etc

Mileage 129K
    MOT Expired 21st June 20

I will list what I know about it, there are a few faults that you should be aware of but nothing OTT. There should be no surprises.

BODY
    The bodywork is generally very good, there may be a tiny dink or two but other than that it's good. The front bumper is loose at the corners, lower grill damaged. The rear bumper is a modified one with a diffuser and single exit exhaust, I have another genuine original bumper in the same colour, it dose have a couple of marks but should clean up. I have a stainless twin exit exhaust (not great but will do the job). Drivers door lower hinge creak, spare in boot. Windscreen has stone chip low down (fixable?). Headlamp washers missing??? Wheels Scuffed, tyres all good.

Suspension
    All good.

Brakes All good.

Interior
    The interior has the usual bolster wear, the drivers door arm rest lid is loose. Otherwise it's not too bad. Recirculation flap motor on the heater is clicking when you turn on ignition. Non standard stereo.

Underneath. Is solid, garage said it was good.

Mechanical
    Exhaust Leak at front joint making a rasp.
    I think there is a grumbling rear wheel bearing.
    ESP/ABS light sometimes comes on. May be related to the wheel bearing.
    I think the Dual Mass flywheel has started to go as the clutch is not releasing properly and the starter does not engage properly. Also seems to cause a sensor fault occasionally putting in limp mode. My Mechanic believes it's all linked to the likely DMF..

Take this into consideration when planning collecting. So she is not perfect, I have enjoyed her briefly, but my Jaguar is going back on the road and I have no further use for it. Bound to regret selling it in 10 years when it's worth ££££.. meg1.jpg