1st few days with the trophy300

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Maccy44, Mar 31, 2019.

1. so here is what I think so far!

Looks - I think the mix of bold aggression of the r26 is back with the most 4 as apprised to the more ‘slick’ look of the mk3
    This mk4 from the side is quite understated but the front and rear pure aggressive looks

Inside,
    Cup holders you can actually use, my 265 had the ‘fat leather seats’ so after an hour on the motorway my ass needs to get back used to the thin recaros (like what was in my clio r27, although the Alcantara in this are ) the lower than 280 driving position is a plus for me too.
    Doors shut with that quality feel I’d associate with the German cars, to me it’s just about as good.
    I LOVE the intro when you get in with the cars speakers playing a heartbeat while an r.s drives towards you on the dash.
    The interior all together is a huge step up in quality feel from the 265 just like that was from my r26 meg.
    The big screen does just about everything and I’m not really used to this yet, it responds quite well if not maybe a bit slow in bringing up some stuff. The voice activation has got every command spot on so far which is good. Door lights and dash display options are a cool edition with the whole interior changing depending on the driving modes you are in.
    Bose sound system is simply a must for me, best sound in any Renault I’ve ever heard by far. You get a nice big sub where spare wheel would be.
    Only think I don’t really like is why the gear knob is not round, doesn’t feel natural to me, gear change is shorter but not what I’d call great.
    Exhaust, you really know it when the ‘flap’is open (sport and race) it’s loud and very pop and bang I’d say normal is still quite loud too! Comfort is the quietest but it isn’t a quiet car! Speaking of which the new potentate tyres generate a fair bit of road noise but so far, super grippy.
    4control, this is amazing, you can actually feel the rotation of the car in your hips, it’s unreal and for me far better than my 265.
    Suspension, hydraulic bump stops, they really work, I think it rides better than the 265 (cup pack) and absorbs bumps better, that said you still feel it but the seats are a lot thinner.
    Power - so I honestly feel that my 265 was quicker to respond in the 1st second of slamming the pedal. The trophy really moves but I think it’s just a bit slower to start then low to mid Rev range it really gets moving. It’s defo not scary fast to me but is shifts.
    Visio pack on mine, very personal preference. It’s pretty good if you want that kinda stuff.
    Rear view camera, mush better picture quality than my 265’s still a bit ‘grainy’ in the dark. Worth the extra money? Up to you! The parking sensor display is much better too.
    The bi-material brakes, don’t know how they compare to the 280 standard ones but they feel nice progressive and strong to me.

Sure your all bored to death by now, but some opinions may be of some use to some people.

martenr, Si271 and Jonny157 like this.
  2. No pics ? [emoji848]

Feirny likes this.
  3. Too big apparently to put any up

4. nice write-up, quite interesting to know what others think. still haven't seen one in the flesh to make me own opinion, all dealer i have been don't have one.

5. good appraisal so far mate, thank you....but get the bloody pics up lol

6. I don’t know how too! It’s saying the pics on my phone are to big to put on here!

I forgot to mention the clutch, it’s a lot lighter than any other renaultsport ive had so took a bit of getting used too.
    Steering too is lighter, I get the impression with these things that again, maybe done to be a bit more ‘useable’ to a wider audience, I’d rather have a bit more weight to the steering but on the other hand you have to just trust the 4control steering. The faster you go to me the more stable it feels

7. Hi, I've just joined the forum as I'm seriously thinking about buying one a trophy. The spec you've got is similar to what I was thinking apart from the parking camera's (hopefully my wife wont drive it). I was in two minds about justifying the extra money for the Bose, so really glad you think it's a must have.

Thanks for the write up.
    What colour did you go for? The orange and yellow are a bit lairy for my tastes so trying to decide between black and grey.

8. You mention the flap is open in sport and race. Can it be configured in Perso as well?