0psi on all cylinders

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DamoBarnes, Jun 4, 2017.

1. My car broke down last night :worried: I changed from 3rd to 4th just before the limiter around 6700rpm and as I was changing the engine bounced on the rev limiter for a couple of seconds and then cut out. I did a compression test this morning and had 0psi on all cylinders, the cambelt is still intact so it looks like head needs to come off to see what damage is done. It's a 250 engined R26, does anyone know if you can take the head off without removing the engine? Don't have access to a crane at the moment. Also a guide would be great for head bolt removal procedure, tightening torque for cams etc etc.
    Thanks

2. Does anyone know where I can buy the genuine renault locking tools from?

3. Wonder if the belt has slipped or timing wasn't right and now the valves are not opening at the right time or they are damaged giving you 0 compression ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I think the belt slipped causing valve damage, won't know for sure till I take the head off. I done the cambelt around 4k ago and had been running sweet including a day out at Anglesey

5. Sorry to hear dude [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. That's ok mate bit of a pain in the ass but hopefully get it sorted soon, might uprate the valve springs and fit supertech valves whilst it's all apart

7. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi Damian
    Gutted for you mate, the belt must have jumped or it has teeth missing on the belt, mine goes no where the rev limiter :laughing: but i will check my belt before i go to the ring in a weeks time.

pull the engine out its so so much easier to get the head, turbo etc off, i did try the in car route and it was an absolute PITA, pulled the engine out after i had the head off, put it all back together on the floor and then refitted, took way less time to put back.

As for the locking tool, i have seen some on ebay i don't use them myself :smiley:

8. I'm gutted too Ian, it was going so well recently with the track day and everything. I just done a suspension refresh with cooksport springs which is a bit annoying lol. I'm pretty sure I heard you got the limiter a few times when you took me out for a passenger ride haha. If I had it work I could use the engine crane but the car is stuck at home and it's on a hill which doesn't help matters so will have to take it out the cylinder head in situ I think. Wish me luck lol

9. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Its a *unt of a job to do it in place believe me, can't you get it towed to your work you will be so glad you did.

10. Yes possibly il have to speak my boss and see If I can sort something out

11. Many feels for you, after all that work. Keep us posted [emoji846]

12. Will do @ewant81 hopefully I can improve a few things whilst its stripped. Thinking supertec valves and uprated springs and possibly cat cams and hybrid turbo depending if there could much gains to be had out of it

13. Got the head off today and as suspected all the exhaust valves are bent, the top of the pistons are also damaged
    20170610_131834.jpg 20170610_132000.jpg
    Not sure what to do with it in terms of repair lol

14. There's a guy on Facebook selling a fully forged engine for 2.2k, but it's another big spend.

Did you get a look at the belt? Any idea what failed to cause this

15. It something to consider for sure.
    I think basically it wasn't tensioned up correctly, I didn't realise the tool to lock the cams sprockets was needed to correctly adjust the tension i thought it was needed if you were replacing the dephaser pulley. Very expensive and annoying mistake to make

16. Do you have a link to the page where it's being advertised?
    Thanks

17. Don't know how to share a Facebook link on my mobile. Just search for Alex Bennett on Meganesport.net

18. Thanks guys, I'm currently in conversation with Alex about his forged engine as I think it will be similar price to repairing the current engine but a lot less hassle in terms of doing the work

ewant81 likes this.
  19. A forged engine is a good investment, will be a solid base for tuning and track work [emoji846]
    Had the chance if a forged engine when I was doing mine and went with the rs250 lump, kinda regret it now!

20. That's what I was thinking, should be bullet proof with like 330bhp perfect for track work

ewant81 likes this.
  21. Does anyone know where the best is to get my 250 turbo made into a hybrid

ewant81 likes this.
  22. last time i checked midlands turbo were very good they did a 250 hybrid for me

23. I'm getting a 20T hybrid sorted for me by a guy on meganesport forum £725 with exchange for old one, seems quite reasonable

24. thats not bad,i paid £250 for the turbo and i think it was around £350 for the hybrid core and balancing