£30k Cup-S

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Jul 26, 2022.

1. For Sale.

Not mine. Not sure if on here. Top Spec & Colour. Ultra low miles. List on this would have been near £35k.

But cannot recall seeing anything other that a Trophy R above £20k for 5 years. But equally not seen anything like this (other than on my driveway!) in that time. In this market anything is possible.

Best of luck to the seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255644382730?hash=item3b8597b60a:g:mKcAAOSw4yti3VZm

2. Unless it’s going to a collector with more money than sense I just can’t see it fetching anywhere near that.

#001 Trophy R with 13k miles only sold for £29k recently.

I know it’s low miles, perfect spec but I just think it’s time isn’t now. Maybe in 5+ years, as all low mileage examples of outgoing desirable models do.

If a low mileage 275 is worth £30k then a 275 Trophy R is £40k and they just aren’t fetching that money yet.

3. Deluded price, my Trophy only has 17800 miles, as new inside,outside and underneath and it would only fetch 20 at a push

4. I agree it is a high price. But alot of other stuff is up at silly money.

I love the Trophy R & the Halo effect of the press & track times were welcome. But I think its a mistake to use that to set the upper point of Megs and set a -£10k differential for every other.

Top Spec 275 Trophy's & 275 Cup-S were pretty much the same price when new. Cup-S is generally 2 years newer. And still stupidly rare ie 100 in UK vs 30 Trophy R.

In addition as when new the Trophy-R is not a hot hatch as practicality gone and as a track car for £30k 2 seater you would get a Caterham. If you wanted a 2 seat Meg to do track work you would build one yourself. Thats what limits there price it has no natural market.

This was also evident with recent 300 Trophy-R where the could not sell and pre-reg sub 1k miles cars were near £40k pretty much the same price as normal Trophy 300 with the options. (and they had £17k differential in price when launched)