Your favourite and worst car you've owned

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean, Feb 2, 2018.

1. It would be interesting to see your favourite and worst car
    Mines is

Worst: megane 225 sport
    Best : renault 19 16v

2. Worst:fiat abarth 500

Best:Megane rs 250

3. Worst - Astra gte 16v/ Mini cooper s
    Best - Mercedes SL55 (still have)

4. Worst - Megane Estate GT Line 2.0 Dci (160)
    Best - Megane RS 250

5. worst..any one of my £100, 1 year mot disposable, building site Metros.
    best..integra DC2 type R/Megane R26.

6. Worst. MK5 Golf GTI DSG.....yawn.

Best. Citroen Saxo VTR....in gold, oh yeah.

7. NJH

NJH

I was going to say 2 SAABs as I really loved the 900T16S I had years ago, a genuine classic. Worst was the GM infected 9-5, complete money pit of a car that was never 100% right as its GM shite chassis wore out faster than you could keep up. I kid you not but rear bushes were lasting me 18 months tops! went through 3 sets in 2 and half years then when the PAS failed I sold it to a mate for 600 quid who stripped it for parts. Absolutely hated that car with a passion.

Best is the Porsche 944 S2 that I drove as my only car for a few years, then rebuilt into a race car that I still have. Its 17 years now I have owned one of those things, its massively over-engineered in a way that nobody does any more but at one time was MB and Porsche core territory.

Best should be the R26, note I said should. Appalling cheap materials and design short cuts leave a sour taste in the mouth from what in terms of pure performance and drive is superb.

8. Worst.... Triumph 2000 pi in shit brown with a shit brown interior

Best.... 306 Rallye, loved that car, never missed a beat in 3 years till some light fingered git nicked it.

Alan Godwin likes this.
  9. Good thread this. Been on my mind all morning, hard to decide out of 47 cars.
    Think WORST has to be Porsche 924turbo. Mint low mileage but in Mocca brown ! Sold it within 4 hours of buying it lol.
    Best ? maybe Sierra Cosworth RS500, bought one when they first came out as a lad, at the time the car to have.
    Recent favourite ? suppose my current Trophy,

massivewangers and idontknow like this.
  10. I was thinking of going to a dci got line next as I’m trying to save to get on the property ladders.
    Shall I not bother?
    Current car is a meg 250

11. Worst...has to be my fiat stilo closely followed by a golf gt tdi 150

Best...current meg 250 especially now I’ve sorted all the suspensions niggles! owed for 3 years (longest I’ve owed a car) I can’t find anything worthwhile to replace it with.

I better more modern car would be 20k+ which I’m not prepared to pay at the moment.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Megane is probably the best and worst.

BIG E and Jamie230 like this.
  13. I found the Dci 160 despite being Renaultsport badged, was not a patch on the R26 I had, or RS 250 I have now had for nearly 5yrs. It didn't feel anywhere near as solid or tight but instead reminded of the stereotypical flimsy french car. From what you read on here, the 175 Dci, which is a bona fide Renaultsport model (i.e. Dieppe built) would be a decent bet. Hope that helps and good luck with your decision

jimmy likes this.
  14. Best - Megane RS250 FF Cup
    Worst - E92 M3

15. Thanks for that. I think I’d definitely regret regret buying a diesel.

16. Have fond memories of holidays in my dads 2500 mk2 PI - burgundy with brown interior. It cut out once over a alpine pass due to the air being too thin for the fuel injection.

17. O to 60 time was by sun dial, slowest car ever

18. Worst: Alfa 156 Selespeed
    Best: BMW E61 535D

19. Worst: Vauxhall Corsa "Swing"! (1st car)
    Best: Megane 250 Cup

20. Ha ha, I was unfortunate enough to have Vauxhall Corsa Swing for a while. It was an awful thing.

21. Yeah was pretty bad, although I put up with as it was my first car and my gran gave it to me when she stopped driving. Funny story about it though: it got written off in Middlesbrough after thieves broke into it, hotwired it, only then to discover a lock on the gearstick that locked it in reverse!

22. Worst - Nissan Almera 1.6 auto ( Stop gap when my Eunos Roadster got nicked ).

Best - Megane 275 Cup-S ( Sorry Clio 200 ).

23. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Worst -Citroen C2.

Best - Lotus Elise, or maybe one of my Clio Trophys.

24. Worst: MGTF 160
    Best: BMW M240i (current) but Megane R26 was more fun to drive just lacking build quality. Miss it on country roads.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

25. my mate just traded in his virtually brand new M140i for the same reasons!
    traded it in for a new civic typeR.

26. Worst fiat punto mk 1. All kinds of shite.

Best. Y reg ford focus 1.6 zetec. Cost virtually nothing to run and never went wrong.

27. I can understand why, personally for me I get so few decent driving opportunities to open cars up that the 240 is my preference, the TC is good enough as well that you can really push on when you want to and being rear wheel drive the turn in is sweet and overall feel is awesome, not to mention noise which is channeled through speakers due to sound deadening but not fake engine noise as many believe. I've also got the performance exhaust so lots of pops and bangs.

But having said the above, there is a difference in confidence that means I'm at 8 or 9 tenths instead of the whole nine yards in the Megane where you know you can get everything out of the car and that brings its own satisfaction. I have a roundabout near me which has good visibility and it's on a national speed limit road, it's my proving ground for test drives along with a good bendy stretch. On a quiet day I took the Megane through there at 54 on entry. It doesn't feel like I'll have the confidence to do the same in 240.

I test drove the civic and there is no denying just how competent and fun to drive it is, but personally can't get over the looks. It did go through the roundabout a fraction quicker than the Megane.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

28. Worst: Peugeot 406 V6 coupe

Best: Megane R26 of course

29. The new megane is 60mm wider track than the mk3,so it should be really planted..

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Is it not 60mm wider than a normal Mk4? That's a significantly larger track than the MK3 already has

31. yeah..think you are right jamie..60mm wider than a normal mk4 on the front,45mm on the rear wider.
    Evo raved about it,but stopped short in comparing it with its rivals.