250 Yoko's or Conti's

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Gray250cup, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Hi, I'm needing new tyres very soon and I've narrowed my choices down to two, the Yokohama Advan v105 or the Sport Contact 6. I'm changing all 4 tyres and they're on 19" Steev wheels. The car is mainly used at the weekend but not tracked, so I don't need the ultimate sticky tyre. I'm looking for improved feel and handling and good in the wet, (being in the UK).

Has anyone used either of this or both and could share their opinions? Or suggest alternatives?

Cheers,

2. I will be going PS4 when mine need changing, have them on the front atm :smile:

3. Out of those 2, the Conti 6. Better tyre overall.

4. I'm sure I've fleetingly seen some comments around the Conti 6 being a good tyre. I forget where mind you....

Though the PS4s seem pretty decent too.

5. Thanks guys, the Conti did win Evo's tyre test last year and a few others. I have heard the 6 is on a pair with the old pilot super sport but not as good as the new PS4s. I don't want to be spending much more than £150 a tyre, as it's only road use. Has anyone had any major problems with Kwik Fit? I'm not overly keen on using them.

6. PS4 should be under £150 fitted, and with places like Kwik Fit, it will depend where you go

7. Where have you seen them for that price? They're around £180 on black circles.

8. I've got the yoko's all round on my car. At £100 a corner I think they are a bargain

9. I take it you are running 19" then? Save your self a fortune and buy some 18" rims

10. 18's for track use 19 for the road
    There is no denying the 18 are a more comfortable ride. I personally like the 19" rims

11. I think the 19" look a bit better, fill the arches more, but i can not condone spending that much extra on tyres :tongueout:

12. I got mine for £127 each fitted from National Tyres

13. Some confusion here, Michelin don't do a PS4 in 19 inch 235/35 but do the PS4S.

14. I had a look at them PS4S, and then saw the price!!!!

15. PS4 is the replacement for the PS2. PS4S is the replacement for the PSS. PS4S is only being made for 19imch wheels or above for now and Michelin haven't said yet whether they will support smaller wheels.

16. Yep and for the OP here with no track work, weekend use and not wanting a very sticky tyre but good wet performance, you would need to justify why you would want a PS4S.

17. V105S any time...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

18. Well, I've decided to go with the Advans, I can get them for about £130 a corner (from halfords) and sounds like they'll fit the bill.

MilosB likes this.
  19. If that's fitted then I guess. That's ok. If not I get mine from Germany, openo or something like that for about 105 a corner.

20. Yes, that's fitted. I had a look on openo and they're gone up to £119 each. Out of interest does anyone know if there is a difference between the V105 and V105s? I can't seem to find any.