XP8 size?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by neilrs, Jul 15, 2016.

1. It seems my performance friction pads weren't up to the job... .13 compound and they didn't like the heat much

Am looking at XP8s

What size is it for the fronts?

2. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Phone Carbotech up and they'll know the right pads for your car.

3. I'd get XP10 if i was you - i find they're better than XP8 and less noisy! Speak to Ian at Carbotech and he'll sort you out, he just needs to know the model.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

CT1001

XP10's only really com into their own when properly hot on track. You need proper tyres to make the most of them as well but they are mega, Need an aggressive rear pad to compliments them though, other wise it feels very unbalanced.

5. Yeah.... Good call on the XP10s but Jamie is right... I need to think about how the car will be used over winter before whacking them in because I'm not sure how many UK track days and brake poundings will happen now. Only booked event is the ring in September

The noise isn't so much the choice of pad btw, more a case of how well bedded in it was initially

6. Road pads for the road. Track pads for the track. Swop them over pre and post trackdays.

7. If you're looking to cure your overheating brake problem by upgrading pad compound likely disappointed, the problem is not the pads but woefull venting of brake system ie there's none. Remove the silly blade in front of wheel arch helps a bit but ultimately need forced air into disc brake itself. Plus fitting a more aggressive pad will generate more heat than factory pad and worsen the situation.

8. To help with heat I have 2 piece discs, and bigger rotors

Moving to more aggressive pads was to ensure the pads withstand the heat better at higher temps

Thanks all for input and info!

9. Sadly not so simple, but do report back with results

10. XP10s on order. Bit of a backlog (couple of weeks) so if anyone needs some pads for upcoming events, get the orders in now

Will let you know how they fare in comparison