Windscreen is being replaced as we speak...

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Daz, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Daz

Daz

Any bets on if it all goes swimmingly? :smiley:

They cynic in me is predicting either the auto wipers won't work, the auto lights won't, the new screen will leak or there'll be marks galore all over the paintwork.

The realist in me says it'll probably be fine!

2. Never had a screen replaced (touch wood) so no experience to go off, although I have read a few horror stories about the auto sensor getting cracked/ not working properly afterwards......

So fingers crossed it all goes well!

3. Daz

Daz

He's replacing all the gel packs which is a good start.

He's just dragged me out to show me Renault's original handywork - the screen was badly sealed from the factory so much so that there was actually a gap in the sealant near the drivers A pillar - the original cream trim is green moulded to high heaven where you can't see it unless the screen is obviously out!

I'm glad it's being replaced now! Might be ordering a new trim soon!

4. Ha, good ol Renault build quality! Still i suppose its not that reason we buy them for!

At least it sounds like you've got a good fitter and not some pikey, glad it seems to be going smoothly for you!

5. Daz

Daz

No he put me at ease straight away to be honest - I basically don't like anyone touching my cars - I can think of 5 people that are allowed to touch my car now apart from me!

6. Daz

Daz

Done!

Surprisingly happy! Chap made all the difference to be honest - not a mark, everything works and new glass simply equals high roller! :cool:

7. Daz

Daz

Been out in it now and can confirm the entire dash now creaks like a bitch!

Looks like its a fiddle and silicon day tomorrow!

8. Dash/trim creaks is French car life, so annoying!

9. Getting a new windscreen fitted on mine tomorrow. Going to be it's fourth new windscreen lol

10. Daz

Daz

I'd agree but this one is the first one I've had that was near silent!

This is only the second one I've had bar one in my Williams all those years ago!

11. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Had one fitted in mine, got a bigger stone chip 2 days later! its still there ha

12. Haha gutting!

I got mine fitted today without any problems.....so far.

13. Daz

Daz

No creaking?

I've sprayed my foam today but not been out in it yet to test it, letting the C4 dry!

14. I had mine replace about a month ago and when the fitter took the screen he asked if I wanted the foam replacing with some thin stuff to stop all the creaking...... And I've still got no creaking!
    He said the foam is only there to stop things rolling down between the dash and screen!!

Oh and I had them put the solar screen in too! Lol

15. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Solar screen or nothing!

16. Surprising not!

17. Daz

Daz

Sod the solar screen, I had the option but I wanted them all to match :smile:

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Pauper spec iirc.