Why did you

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Zs_phil, Jan 19, 2014.

1. For me buying an RS Megane was a logical step from an RS Clio.

I bought my first Clio 172 new in 2003 and owned it for two years. It was the third Clio I'd had, drove brilliantly for 15,000 miles and only had an exhaust rattle fixed under warranty. The Megane 225 came out and I loved it, offered more of everything I loved about the Clio.

So sold the 172 and ordered an Inferno 225, it arrived in January 2006 and I've still got it. :smile:

Had a variety of daily cars since but the Megane has stayed put and now I've got another one.

I've grown to love the RS Megane more since owning it because of it's underdog status. Most people don't realise how quite and purposeful they actually are. Most people know the Focus ST or Astra VXR but few people know the potential of these cars. Makes them fun drive on top of how brilliantly they do actually drive. :smile:

2. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Impulse buy, local garage had it for sale, LY looked awesome in the sun on the forecourt and i had savings burning a hole in my pocket!

Some times i look back and regret it the amount of money its cost but meh life goes on.

3. I had a mazda 3 hb before the meg, lose it in a crash was a total loss. My ensurance paid me and i was looking for a mazda speed, to expensive on the moment and also my wife a top budget. I c the meg on market web site, i made a 2 hour trip to saw it. Love it and take it that same day