Where are all the stickies?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Messysc, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Just bought a rs 250 and want to do some basic maintenance but cant find jack whats going on with the renault scene (306 gti forum is much better) seems like nobody shares basic but vital info around here.

The more mechanical info that is shared no matter how basic helps owners like myself keep the car in good nick without going to the mechanics to get it butchered, a picture speaks a thousand words.

Can anybody guide me to some info on doing a gearbox oil change, and a checking the turbo set up for any leaks/faults.

2. Wow 3 pages for many different models and not 1 oil change or gearbox oil change guide for the rs, although I did find a spark plug guide props to that guy, if there where more basic guides then people like me (on a budget) could keep there motor in good nick.

Gearbox oil change guide anybody.

3. I guess it's just a different scene in some ways... My last car was a mk2 focus RS and the forums were quite different. One area that is quite different is around retrofits and diagnostics - possibly due to a lack of easily purchased and usable software, clip doesn't seem that simple and coding with it looks interesting.

I'm trying to fit some electric leathers to my rs250 cup and can't find any info at all regarding looms / coding, and having a nightmare regarding a check-airbag light Quite a few folks have completely stripped their meganes but maybe just didn't have time to cover / photograph any findings.

I think there's a kind of 'capability' assumed from Renault RS owners, or maybe that we all want to just get to the track, so screw anything other than ripping bits out.

4. Drain plug on the bottom of the box, big allen key can't remember the size 10/12mm.

Plastic wing nut on the front of the box to fill back up.

Need 2.4L for the 250 box.

Nigelo likes this.
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If you need a guide to do an oil change, Then id recommend you don't bother.

Filter is in a cunt of a place, Up behind the Rad. I pay someone to do it these days, For all that costs.

Feirny and ianplymouth like this.
  6. Cheers James respect for the info, Its not that I cant do oil changes etc, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and like to gather info from other enthusiast before I go at any job, with 4 kids I cant have my new baby eating more than its fair share.

#DiyGang

7. Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Nigelo likes this.
  8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I can understand that but its still pretty straight forward once you have the under tray off, Aplogies if i sounded a bit brash in my original reply. I always like to know what im going into when doing anything as well

9. Maybe us Megane owners are lazy? I must say, I barely do anything with mine :tearsofjoy:

I'm planning a bit of an induction kit guide, but that's not maintenance as such.

10. Cheers lads I feel a lot more at home now.

11. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Feel free to contribute a guide if you do anything yourself :grinning:

Leigh likes this.
  12. me too, I have a man for that....although this is only happened with age lol

Gavin. likes this.
  13. I usually find that someone on here can answer any questions thrown up or an answer will be found.

Always someone happy to help out even if a guide isn't available.

Good to see another new member as well.

14. One thing I've noticed since buying mine is, you can buy bits for it but your gaining very little or its not needed. Standard exhaust is good for 360hp aftermarket sound not much better so why pay £800 + if people do less, less sticky how toos. The stock car is very good

15. True I 'm really loving it in standard spec, been whistling around South London today felt really special compared to golf gti's etc, my last car was 335i, was nice but this is more me lol

Still wish there were more stickies but its good to know you guys don't get irritated by morons like myself who treat oil changes like its nuclear engineering.

16. I think it might partly be down to the fact that there aren't too many of the cars about. They're not the most common of hot hatches, so it's a limited community. Couple that with less and less people working on their cars themselves, and it just means less guides and the like.

This is a good source of info though, so you will hopefully find plenty of information still :smile: