Wheel swap (front/back) - tyre pressure sensor

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by MrTurner, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Are you able to swap the front/rear wheels around with the tyre pressure sensors or will it register at the wrong corner? The rears are lower than the fronts so I'd rather swap them and get the lowest ones lower so they are ready to replace. This is for the Megane 250 (if that makes a difference!).

2. I would guess it would pick up wrong one but if you swap same side as then you would know rear left low it would be front left if that makes sense

3. No it doesnt make a difference all the computer does is read the location of the sensor and displays the info on the dash

4. Daz

Daz

I don't think that's correct on mk2's.

5. I guessed they was programed to each wheel that's why they have there own frequency

6. I'm after info for the 250. I never had them on the mk2, but thought they were corner specific.

7. Yesterday when I had my tyres changed they broke one of pressure sensor but they had new one so they put that in but on dash it was displaying "puncture" but after 5-10 miles it picked the new sensor and works fine. so my point is yes you can change front to back as sensor it will auto detect them.

8. Good news thanks! I'll prob switch as the fronts have more tread. Put the low ones on the front and get back on goodyears!

9. I just done this the other day with no problems