What to look for when Buying RS Megan 250 Cup?

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by joshster321, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hi,

I am madly in love with this car and they have 3-4 at my local dealer.
    I was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips on narrowing it down?
    They are all very similar with milage (25k) and age (60plate), and price (12-13k)

What to look out for? (besides cosmetic and service history)

Thanks in advance.

2. For a Renault they're very good reliability and common faults wise. Mine never wanted for anything in the two years I had it.

Having said that Recaro seat bases can wear quite quickly and some models built before June 2011 had faulty cambelt idlers which made the engine sound like a box of spanners on tickover, although Renault did replace them FOC if still in warranty.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Hub bearings

4. Check the paint around the rear light clusters.

5. Thanks for your messages all things to ask and look for, much appreciated.:wink:

6. - worn driver seat bolster,
    - check for noises from interior (dashboard and door panels),
    - alloys condition as it can cost you about £500-550 to refurbish if 19" Steev's,
    - tyres condition as they are usually expensive.

7. BOUGHT THE CAR! Pick up next week will post some photos in another thread when she's home and clean!

8. Colour??

9. Probably white... :tongueout:

10. Would be better and faster in black ;-)

11. True.

12. Yes its white with black alloys and black tints black gloss mirrors, and recaro seats and defiantly faster than a black one the metallic white paint adds 15bhp

13. Think your find yellow megs come from the factory with a extra 25bhp lol

14. haha will get some pics up soon meant to take some today but after using a tank and a half! in a day and a half i just can't stop, get out, take a picture.