what rating of nm impact wrench should I get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cazper, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ive got the 950nm one and its perfect. Can't recommend it enough, battery life is brilliant too!

Cazper likes this.
  2. I think 600nm is probably as high as I'd go.

I have a cordless impact driver (105nm) and a mains impact wrench (320nm).

The mains one is good - but the real problem is access. It's actually quite difficult to get it anywhere because of how big it is. Whereas my impact driver is tiny so can use a lot more.

Hub nuts and wheels have no access restrictions. But the rear caliper carrier bolts are very very tight for my impact wrench to fit - any bigger and I just wouldn't be able to use it.

For wheel changes, 200nm is fine. If you were changing engines on HGVs then maybe 900nm would be better.

Cazper likes this.
  3. I am leaning towards this one I think...
    upload_2017-9-9_8-45-44.png

4. Milwaukee tools are great, I have a few of their drills and plan on getting more.

The Fuel range is better, but costs more due to things like the brushless motors and better quality internals.

Cazper likes this.
  5. I was thinking the fuel stuff is better but it will be rarely used so should be fine for my light usage

6. No matter what one you get it will still be very good, but if you happen to get a bolt that it won't slacken you'll kick yourself for not paying a little extra

Cazper likes this.
  7. One last thing to remember too is that the more expensive FUEL range have different modes that allow for different torque and speed settings meaning they are more versatile that the lower spec ones like the one you've linked to on Amazon which is just all or nothing.

Cazper likes this.
  8. Good advice thanks guys

9. Tell a lie its the 600 weve got. Weve just bought the 3/8's gun as well, brilliant toold to have. Makes jobs so much quicker

Cazper likes this.