What is this?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by AaronRS, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Was under the car earlier and saw this. Noticed it as there was oil that had dripped off it onto the anti roll bar.

Probably look thick as sh*t, but I've got no idea what it is.

Thanks in advance

oKAjhM.jpg

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Clutch damper, Part is around 60 quid from Renault, It will be brake fluid and not oil dripping out it as well

3. 308512183R is the part number, just bought one for mine.

4. Ah right ok. Is it easy enough to change? And I've been getting a clunky feeling when turning whilst driving slowly. Could this be linked?

5. Thanks for that mate

6. How easy is this to fit? Is an under the car job or remove battery etc?

7. Battery tray out, the actual damper itself can be detached from pipe and replaced, make sure the little ‘O’ ring is located on the bit pipe that inserts back into the new damper

These dampers are not absolutely nessesary and KTec sell a single delete pipe that does away with the leak prone damper

FatRS likes this.
  8. Great. Thanks.

9. FatRS likes this.
  10. I haven't fitted mine yet - it's sat on my living room floor with a full service kit, waiting for my flu and the freezing weather to sod off lol

I hope it improves the clutch though cos I really don't like how soft it feels with that pointless dampener in, call me an old fart but I like to actually feel the biting point :tongueout:

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've driven one with the thing removed, makes very little difference to the pedal feel but you have the bonus if it never leaking again

12. Damn. Was really hoping it'd make the clutch feel a bit more precise.

It's like mashing your foot in porridge. The gearbox and clutch on these cars is quite dissapointing :worried: