What have you raced and humiliated

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by R26lawrence, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI all lets start a new topic on what cars you have left at the lights raced and totally laughed in there face while you watch them disappear in your rear view mirrow

Ill get the ball rolling here when i first got my car unknown to the mass of power under my foot some chav in his LE corsa haha tried me at the lights that was fun just humiliated him never again will he try that

Now today christmas day coming back from mothers a new John Cooper Works tried it with me that was fun but the trusty megane left his 20 30 thousand pound car think he gave up at 130mph think i used about 20 pounds worth of fuel that time but i was happy :smile:

Your turn no arguments please :smiley::smiley:

2. Never do it

3. A merc E350 and some smug looking middle aged man was in there trying to show off. When I realised what he was trying to do I floored it and his smile dropped as I went past. I wasn't that proud at the time as it was diesel saloon but when I googled the spec of the car I was pretty happy given the power it had and the fact it was a 40k car!

4. that would of been fun mate lauging as you pass a once tried to case after a Ferrari he probably laughed at me had no chance but still tried

5. Haha I had a sense of satisfaction alright. Never tried a Ferrari myself but I did try a brand new impreza STI. Those things just catapult off the line. Although I was spared complete humiliation thanks to an ice cream truck that pulled out up ahead.

6. Astra VXR Nurburgring edition, 255bhp I believe and I had a passenger.
    He would not look over as I passed him.

7. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Hate threads like this. Beating people at the lights, come on now the Meg's hardly a 10second monster.

8. Howay naith mate just a bit of fun you telling me in yours you have never blasted away from the lights there amazingly quick off the mark

9. My other car is a VX220 turbo with 300bhp, weighs a lot less than the Megane and has great RWD traction, Sometimes chavs in hot hatches line up next to me on the lights wanting a race. I toddle off nice and gently. They probably boast on forums like this that they annihilated me. Threads like this make me think I've bought the wrong car.

10. Yes you have bought the wrong car it's a vauxhall doesn't matter if it has 300 horse it's a vauxhall at the end of the day Megan's are awsome for what they are

11. Leon cupra on M1 on the way to trax he maxed at 140ish I was still pulling but shit myself so eased off when I was a good few car lengths in front

12. Think he was referring to his megane. Got to remember a vx220 is just an Elise with a vauxhall badge on it, and with 300 bhp it'd ruin you at a set of lights

13. Originally Posted by R26lawrence [​IMG]
    Yes you have bought the wrong car it's a vauxhall doesn't matter if it has 300 horse it's a vauxhall at the end of the day Megan's are awsome for what they are

:smiley:

OK I'll try and be a little clearer. A 300BHP VX220 will leave a RS Megane standing both in a traffic light race (if I were to be that juvenile) and around a track. I have recently bought a RS 250 Cup as a everyday road car as the VX is a little uncomfortable for everyday road driving. I use it mainly as a track car now. I came across a 265 Cup on track and was so impressed with how well it handled (still not as quick as the VX even though the owner had it tuned to 290bhp ) that I decided to buy one.

The Megane is a great car for the road. Yes it has a decent amount of power (but not outstanding IMO) but I am more impressed with the way it puts that power down and particularly around the corners. For a FWD car it is very impressive.

However when I said 'maybe I have bought the wrong car' I was referring too the type of drivers it may attract given the OP's comments. Hopefully some other members on her will prove me wrong.

So, no I haven't bought the wrong car from the cars point of view...loving it. Based on this thread the jury is still out on the owners though:rolleyes:

Also a bit concerned by the willy waving of 'how fast I went down a public road'. If you are doing 140mph down the M1 you need banning. Save the speeding fines and take it on track.

14. Its a vauxhall? That is such a lazy put down of a car. A vx220 is a lotus elise with a different body and badges.

15. the highway is our track some people carnt afford to go on track days that are over 100 200 pound no thank you

16. I do track days to keep my licence I drive class one for work why RISK being a dick on public roads

17. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Closing at request of OP. Threads like this never end well tbh.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.