What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. I've got this to do too.

2. Was going to use an aluminium rivnut as my tool can't do steel ones but decided to fit a rubber nut instead. M5 fits straight away but decided to widen the hole a little and use an M6 rubber rawl nut and stainless bolt as the front three bolts are M6, so now they are the same all round.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    L-1011 likes this.
  3. Fitted yellow powerflex insert to my upper engine mount which was a bit fiddly as not much space to get the mount out. Then I fitted the replacement powerflex for the lower engine mount. Wasn't sure whether I would be able to get the old bush out and press in the new one with just a bench vice but it worked surprisingly ok. Had to dremel to old bush to remove the bent over metal bits to allow the rubber bush to push out, and then very carefully cut the old metal insert out before pushing the powerflex insert in. Definitely feel a good difference. Just got to get a gearbox insert now.

L-1011 likes this.
  4. Missed the r26, again, like every day since september last year[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

how long till its done @rTEM ?

6. Hope to have it finished mid june @matt e

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Changed the old Renault Sport badge for the newer style. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

8. Matt black pack installed well removed painted and reinstalled ... oh and megane badge gone from the boot.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ultralight likes this.
  9. Washed and hoovered.

New drop links fitted. NS bottom nut was a right shit to get off. Turned a 10 min job into 2 hrs. Meh!

Powerflex upper engine mount (road) fitted.

Suede steering wheel grey, with white/silver stitching (from Royal) fitted.

Overall, quite a productive day.

L-1011 likes this.
  10. Well yesterday, full paint decontamination ready for a paint correction. Got the drivers side done then it pissed it down :coldsweat:

[​IMG]

This was after the washing/decontamination stage.

Never mind, always next week :sunglasses:

11. Picked up my r26 from Engine Dynamics yesterday. Full service. Cambelt. New rear brake discs and a new calliper. Some steering/suspension stuff. £1500.
    It is now ready for the track. I hope. :-/

12. Replaced a fuse.............[​IMG]

13. Bloody clutch peddle decided it didn't like returning back to the proper position anymore and being a bit sticky randomly either returned properly or stuck partially down (not effecting the actual clutch it's just some 'free' travel in the pedal).

Proper f'er as I've only recently had a faff with the battery being dud.

A moderate amount of WD40 seems it may have returned it back to nearly normal operation but gah.... could do without little pissy things like this atm

14. All that for a fuse?!

15. Took Megan's rear badge of and spent 4 hours on the interior and all around the various doors. Looks great inside could do with a clean outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. That's what I thought!

Renault did a cracking job at positioning the fuse box on these!

17. Driven my car for the first time in a month. It's a crime to have left it so long. Although the puddles on the A49 were not fun. M6 closure nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Technically yesterday but;

Had to get towed into the garage after it appears the slave cylinder gone :worried:

Sadly it's also pretty much due the belts being done so looks like it'll be getting those at the same time.

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Slave is a right pita when it goes, I've had two go on me now, thankfully they never got as bad as to render it undriveable but did have a few moments that I thought it was gonna end that way

20. It went a bit at first, but I thought (hoped?) it was a failure of the pedal mechanism, got up one day and it just wouldn't go into gear.

I've talked to the garage today about it, sadly it's also due the belts so it's getting new clutch kit, slave cylinder, DMF, belts, water pump, dephaser. It also needs new rear disks as the current ones are screwed (he's doing them at cost, no labour) and a front wheel bearings gone too :worried:

I won't say the exact cost but you can guess it's not cheap.

Not ideal as I've just moved a couple months or so ago and have been plowing what I have into renovations and it just detracts from an otherwise dwindling pot.

Alas, hopefully it'll be fine then and I better make sure I make use of it :smile:

21. Me man... me make ... FIRE!!!![​IMG]

L-1011 likes this.
  22. are you at Bidford :tongueout: ?

23. yes buddy! you probably heard the 997 gt3 race car on the dyno today lol

24. Removed rear wheel spacers, removed front spacers and put on rear.

25. Washed, Clayed, One Pass With Machine and Poorboys EXP Wax yesterday. Didn't go too mad removing swirls, just got rid of the majority

IMG_1565.JPG IMG_1562.JPG IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1558.JPG

Cazper, Jonny157, Leigh and 3 others like this.
  26. Watched the Vid was great :smiley:, I popped over when i had my Clio Trophy, was going to change the exhaust system.

Did they map your Meg?

27. yes ... I did [emoji12] [​IMG]

28. lol, what do you charge for a remap? I am not that far from Bidford

29. normally £399 +vatbut forum members can get trade price £299 +vat

Mikeyjp and knowledgeflyer60 like this.
  30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What company?

31. Viezu.com

spent yesterday mapping a Motec on a Porsche v8 britcar [emoji1]

Nigelo likes this.
  32. Been painting - Anthracite and some new stickers 20170610_195911.jpg 20170610_195937.jpg

chappers2000 and Thinbot like this.
  33. Finished fitting my powerflex insert for the gearbox mount. Had to wait as the actual mount was showing wear so had to order a new one. Bit of a pain undoing the bolt hidden by the top part and the bottom front bolt from underneath. Also fitted a new top dog bone mount which showed some wear. Feels a bit tighter with no extra vibration now they are all fitted. :grinning: Removed the foam from my airbox as it was out. Bit more induction noise now. Was also going to fit a front near side ABS sensor but the MisterAuto sensor had a different connector on it so need to try and return it and get a different one. :angry:

Thinbot likes this.
  34. Looks great. I need to paint my driver side one. Might paint it and the passenger one Renault pearlescent black to match my bullets, mirrors and door handles. Need to get another set of stickers first though.

35. cut the old connector off and soldier it onto new one.

36. The pictures are poor, will take them again tomorrow.

37. Yeah might do that though I don't actually know which side is faulty. Driver's side front was changed last year and ESP warning light comes on if I turn the wheel when stationary so I assumed passenger side front was most likely. Could take the car to the garage to check on their diagnostics if it's not going to cost too much relative to the price of a new sensor.

38. Changed my front nearside ABS cable for a genuine Renault Parts Direct cable. Seems to have fixed the ABS warning light issue. Sending the Mister Auto cable back as it was short as well as had the wrong connector. Also fitted new ultrasonic sensors for the alarm as one wasn't wired. Must have been knocked at some point. Ultrasonic works now but the alarm isn't what I'd call loud. Not sure it would deter anyone! Is everyone else's siren quite quiet?

39. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Ian Hughes likes this.
  40. Cheers mate :smile: