What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. OK, this will divide opinion but here goes. I had some RS 300 decals made up and put them on tonight.
    I know, there's no such thing (yet) as an RS 300, but with an RS Tuning map, it's accurate at least!
    If I'd had them on yesterday, that Golf R driver wouldn't have felt quite so disappointed to see me glued to his bumper all the way to 80mph, when he waved the white flag!

Attached Files:

Xanda73, F1 2.0RS and Thinbot like this.
  2. not my bag in terms of the power number but can't knock they look tidy buddy. good job :smile:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RobC likes this.
  3. Haha, thanks. I'm still not quite sure but I'll leave them for the moment

4. Not very keen on the boot one, but think rest look quite good

RobC likes this.
  5. Not to my taste but if you like them then why not.

197gaz and RobC like this.
  6. Apart from a wash and polish, finally got round to fitting my Mr Pink brake calliper pins today. Fairly straightforward punching out the old pins luckily. Also gave the calipers a touch up to hide a few chips.

7. it's done pretty tastefully, i like it!

As you can see from my car description under my avatar i agree!!

RobC likes this.
  8. Battery wired in.

Attached Files:

-Jamie- likes this.
  9. Given the 'look' to a mk3 FRS that was approaching a T-junction at speed, at which he had to give way to me.

I think I must have scared him off because he didn't even try to keep up.....

10. IMG_20170414_172313.jpg
    Better picture of battery. Have also binned the interior trim.

lok101 and sunnylunn like this.
  11. Probably worried his engine was going to go pop. Quite a few have.

What with these being frequently 'lifted', handling and engine issues the initial novelty now seems to have worn off.

Currently about 175 used Mk 3 Focus RS are up for sale on Auto Trader. Speculators not finding buyers.

Xanda73 likes this.
  12. Off to get cambelt, water pump,and aux belt done...peace of mind:tonguewink: Screenshot_20170502-132234.png

13. Oil change.
    Waiting for front wheel bearing and will have to do swivel ( again).
    Camshaft position sensor and glow plug check on wifeys knacker.

RS 175 Cup Lux

14. This weekend got it dyno'd at Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon and my R26 makes 256bhp which I'm happy with. They also quoted me £1500 for a service, new tyres and replacing cambelt.
    Also got the horrible window tint on rear windows removed.

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What cage is that?

16. Seems a bit much? Which tyres did they quote you on? I got a full set of ps3's for £500 fitted, my friend does the whole belt set fitted for sub £500 and a service is about £140 so worst case £1150. That's using genuine Renault parts for everything as well.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  17. Andy Robinson Race Cars.

18. That's changed a lot since I saw it! Is the passenger seat completely removed too?

19. No,that was out as it was easier to get to things when removing trim.

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any more details? Cost?

21. smoked the rear lights [​IMG]

T&biskits likes this.
  22. dont take it to a fussy MOT station now that you have done that :tongueout:

23. why? it's not an issue at all they don't impede the light in any way. it's the lightest dusting on there. not some blacked out saxo douche or mg zr clown with a black rattle can from Halfords lol

also looks a lot darker in the photo tbh.

24. Has something to do with the reflectors as well, might get away with the bottom lights in bumper as the reflectors. But like i say you would have to take to it to a very fussy MOT station, thats well on the ball

25. Cost, alot. I think the cage was £950 plus vat (cro mo)plus i had a cargo net bar made, battery fitted into the floor, exhaust & fuel tank came out, due to position of where the welding was done for the cage to sit on. ( you will obviously get people saying `i could get one knocked up for £400`). After all its only money.

26. Jamie, you will probably sigh, but its in Raeder`s tomorrow for suspension tweaks.:tonguewink:

27. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

flushed a drained the coolant
    new thermostat
    new CTS
    new header tank

28. Yea deffo too much so wont be using them. Now got mate of a mate who'll charge £200 labour to fit cambelt if i suply it. Will also buy tyres myself and get someone to fit them.

Yesterday fitted a "Thnk Bike, Think Biker" sticker on rear window. :-)

29. Cleaned all the cars chased a few motorbikes around the Yorkshire Dales and contemplated garaging the megane and saving for some serious upgrades. The car has become the weekend drive managed to get my wife to agree to three vehicles. New house with a double garage to fit 4 cars. Let the planning and saving begin. Exciting times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

30. Painted the insides of my OEM headlights black. I bought some online already dome but had an advisory on my mot because of them. Stripped the OEM ones and sprayed them. Nightmare getting the mastic out cut my hands to pieces but all done and now legal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31. New battery, after it's been struggling to start a bit for a while as if it cranks but doesn't fire on the first compression. Finding somewhere that stocked a battery on a Sunday was not fun and then ended up fitting one that turned out to be the wrong size.

Got to go back pick up the right one tomorrow but at least for the moment it starts, just had to temporarily fit a packer under the brace to hold it down.

32. How come you aren't doing the whole lot at the same time? The price I said was cam belt, aux belt and water pump supplied and fitted!

33. fitted Wagner intercooler and took initial measurements for new front splitter. have also devised a plan for some brake cooling and wow.... couldn't believe how crappy the inlet for the oem air box is. just stops before the headlight with no air flow to it from outside just nice warm engine bay air near by. will be addressing that also soon. pics up tomorrow.

Pyper likes this.
  34. if you are talking about the MK3 air box, Paul at RStuning would disagree with you :tongueout:

35. airbox is fine. just the inlet port to it. just scavenges from no air flow from what I have seen

36. Hunter 3D laser alignment (best results and feel yet).

Plus

Gearbox oil change

RS 175 Cup Lux

37. Got mine from halfords, which they dont list on there website.

38. Sorted it in the end, got a bosch s4 so that should last a fair while.

39. intercooler fitted with nice pictures :smile:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pyper and Vioar like this.
  40. Finally got round to drilling out an annoying spinning captive nut for my front engine undertray and replacing it with a rubber rawl nut. Can now remove the undertray completely rather than pivoting it out of the way. Should make it easier to fit powerflex inserts and do an oil change.

L-1011 likes this.