What do you love about your Megane?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Andy_C, Dec 12, 2013.

1. As there is a thread for all the things you hate about the Megane, I thought I would start a thread for all the things we love about them too.

I apologise if this has already been done, I couldn't find it.

So I'll go first. The things I love about my R26 are, it's performance and handling, the way it looks, the fact I don't see another one every five minutes so it's kind of rare, the way it sounds. It's quite comfortable, I can drive it all day weather it's a slog up the motorway or a rip across country and still not feel tired. In fact, I've driven it from one side of the country to the other and back in one day and didn't even have a numb bum. Lol.

2. Things I love about my 250Meg the way it looks you can drive it like a granny and get 48mpg and track it and get 8mpg but it just makes me Smile

3. It'll do the Tesco run, school run, work commute with ease, it will lap up your favorite B road at eye watering pace, it's awesome on track, it's rare and after 4+ years and close to 100k miles it still makes me smile and laugh out loud after a drive.

My next car has a lot to live up to!

4. Prettymuch in the same vein. I love the seats, I love the power, the noise, the lovely burble on the over-run, and the handling. I also adore how it looks when clean, so basically I've spend the last few weeks in tears :worried:

5. Power and handling

6. Red brake calipers!

7. How smooth it is as a daily. Revs lovely and the gear change is seamless! Also its quite (even with a decat and no centre box!!).

8. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

the colour when its clean..

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

The power! I owned a 1.2 before it.

10. The fact that i had to wait till i was 40 to afford a fast car above a 1.6, (lots of points) and it is my baby, sad maybe but i love her ( j lo ) sorry if it offends but its black with a big bum!!
    i like being in her and maybe its the only time i will be in j lo :smile:

11. the handling! just hugs the bends.

12. How it raises a few eyebrows when planting your foot down,

13. I love the fact it quite happily kept up with a TVR cerb, M3 and a TTRS this morning. Now I know they wasn't really pushing as it was wet but I still wasn't left behind.
    Was put to shame by a EVO 9 though haha.

14. Best car to take from road to track imo

15. I thought this thread would be more popular compared to the "what annoys you" thread, which had twice as many views and 3x as many responses. Surely we can't all be saying there's more negatives than positives about our beloved Megane.

16. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

The fact it's understated! The look on peoples faces when you pass them!!

17. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

It's rolled with cars apparently leagues ahead of it over the years and gave me some of the best years and friends I know. It also looks like nothing else out there.

18. Biggest one is that these (rs250) are rare around here.
    second is its got 5 seat belts ;which is rare these days unlike the focus rs.
    third is insurance 34 years old and a whopping £337 so far wait to see what renewal is :smiley:

19. The colour - LY is the best colour I've had on any car by a long way. The way it looks, distinctive and not just another identikit box.

20. I love how I have never seen another one around here in NI.

Also love to see the look of wee Type R chavs when they try to overtake you and you plant your foot.

Just an awesome wee car, despite some of its electrical problems, think that makes me love it more!! Gonna enjoy my time with it, even though im planning a 265 v.soon, which im sure will be just as exciting :smiley:

Also im pretty hard to please as I had a 409bhp R33 Skyline before the Meg and it was alot of fun!!

Annnnd insurance!! Im only 22, 1 year NCB, no accidents/PP and it cost £850, whereas my skyline was £2450 lol