What car do i have ???

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by ianplymouth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Hi all
    I have bought this a week ago
    [​IMG]

Maybe a stupid question to some, but if i knew i wouldn't need to ask.

can anyone tell me which model i have, is it a 225, lux or R26, it was described in the sale as a 225 R26, i can't see a plate with the build number on anywhere, if there is one where would i find it ???

I had it MOT'd today and it passed with no advisory s, well pleased.

Ian

2. MBC

MBC

225. Use mycarcheck.com that will tell you the model. Wether it's a lux. Do you not have the V5?

3. Cheers guys

No i don't have the v5 yet

So what is the difference between this and the R26 ???

4. Dif, Chassis settings....

5. MBC

MBC

You should have the V5 slip when you bought it. It's a tearaway part you fill out when you buy the car. Helps prove it's not stolen. R26 lsd, suspension, seats, badge, 5 more bhp and decals. Thats about it.

6. Just checked mycarcheck and my car doesn't exist

7. So you bought a car without seeing the log book ?

8. MBC

MBC

That was my thought also.

9. Just found out an old reg doc and it just a Renaultsport 225.

Thats great, not much to do then, might leave the seats as there are full leather and feel quite nice, (until some buckets get fitted) it's already supposed to be running 265bhp, so that sorted for now, gearbox is jumping out of 6th so was going to pull it out over winter and fit an LSD anyway, as for the suspension it will probably get the coil-over treatment

10. No, i saw it just forgot where i left the little slip, it's an age thing you know, or you will when you get to my age :smiley:

11. MBC

MBC

Fair dos! At least you have it!

12. Ohh yes and loads of paper work

will the R26 gearbox fit the 225, just thinking it might be a cheaper option than buying a LSD

13. MBC

MBC

I expect the gearboxes are the same mate but don't quote me on it.

14. Cheers
    I thought a quick swap over could be better.

15. MBC

MBC

Well I know that it doesn't jump out of 6th in the R26

16. I don't think this one is supposed to :smiley:

17. MBC

MBC

Lol.

18. Good to see another inferno.

19. On the basis it was meant to be an R26 I would be sceptical about it being 265bhp

20. They may have just advertised it like that to give it a wider band in a search engine but I see where you're coming from. Could be a bit of bull

21. It has a miltek exhaust, K&n and its been remapped, i already have a quick car and a quick diesel and this is QUICK

I will stick it on the rolling road when they next do a test day, then i/we will know

The guy i bought it off of didn't really have a clue how to drive it and with him driving i still liked it :smiley:

22. About 3 grand, so hopefully you paid for a 225 and not an R26 :smiley:

23. R26 only came on face lift, ph2 Mk2 Meganes - your's is a ph1. Looks good though - glad you're enjoying it. Welcome along.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

24. Love the look of that ! I wanted a White R26 but ended up with ultra blue.

25. I like that a lot, did consider selling my other car to fund a R26r, but this way a can keep both, i have now decided not to modify my other car, i am going to waste my money on this one.

So if you know anyone who wants to buy these :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. MBC

MBC

What are they from!

27. They were for my other play thing, an SL55
    It was also going to have a complete stainless exhaust to go with them with sport cats, an upgraded sc pulley (i also have) and a remap, should have seen 600hp +.
    But my wife says it don't need to be any faster.
    Now my money is going on the Renault.

28. MBC

MBC

Nice. I expect the SL55 doesn't need to be any quicker too haha.

29. Sure somebody on here has bought a sl55 recently but can't think who it is?

30. That would be JockySteer

31. Slk for me :smile: Not planning on making it any quicker for a while!

32. Excellent, another Plymouth member! I don't think I've seen a single other 225/230 in the year I've been down here. Where abouts are you based? There's a meet in Cornwall on Saturday morning if you're up for it.

33. I live just off Outland Road down by the football stadium, where about's are you ???
    Funny that, when i took it for MOT on Monday, the garage owner said that he has never seen one before.

Where about,s in Cornwall, i should be working and i am on call. please don't tempt me :wink:

34. Headers alone would give you another 25hp, 40+ for the SL55, then there would be the exhaust note :wink:

These are £1695 +vat and delivery, still boxed £1200 inc delivery, comes with all new studs, nuts and gaskets.

35. Not really, it was to make it sound deeper and a bit louder, de-restricted should do just over 200mph standard, i fitted an LSD and now i can get traction and i am sure 0_60 is 4sec or just under, it would be the low and mid range torque that would be better, with the mods i was going to do should push 700 + foot pounds of torque.

[​IMG]

36. MBC

MBC

I'll let you pass my Megane without a fuss then haha.

37. In a straight line yes, but cornering the Megane will have it, only turned the traction control off ( not off but less intrusive ) twice wont be doing that again in a hurry.

I have taken it around the ring, then a couple of months later i went round in a R26r and the r was 2 minutes quicker :confused:

38. MBC

MBC

Haha and that is why I love the B roads in the R26 :smile: