Water in door pocket, picture

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Liver, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Hi everyone

I know there are hundreds of threads about this but none actually say what you have to do once you have the speaker off.

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of my speaker off, you can see at the bottom where the water is leaking.

Do i just put sealant on the back of the speaker to stop the water from going into the pocket?

Cheers

Mark

2. I put it a single bead of black silicone sealant all around the edge of the hole where the speaker contacts it, plus slathered a bit extra around the screw holes and bottom edge. Other than it looking a bit messy, you can't really use too much as it just peels off if you ever want to remove it, and you can't see it once the grill is back in place. I found the back of the speaker cones was all mouldy from the damp, so I sealed around the electrical connector with a bit of self-amalgamating rubber tape while I was at it. It all worked fine, but then I decided to take the stereo out and go back to hardcore "R" spec about a month later anyway :smile:

For long trips I now just use one of these and pair it to my iPhone, which is perfect: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XYI998/?tag=rsmeg-21

3. I have similar issue. I was sitting in the car during rain and I heard dripping noise from inside the doors on driver side.
    Do you think it can be something related to broken seal? I have checked seals and they seemed to be ok. I read another thread on Renault forum and it seems to be common problem, unfortunately without straight solution.

4. I think it's the outer window seal that gets hard due to age and stops pressing against the window as it should, I think the only fix to stop water entering the door is a new seal, other than that the info in the guide is the best it gets.

5. Does no one realise this was a feature Renault put in. It's designed to provide you with a drink should you need one. Just need a long straw! lol

6. Sorry to resurrect this but my magical french car has produced some water in the door pockets too, as scuttle panels and carpet are clean and dry I guess it is this, is it just a case of sealing behind/around the speaker as discussed? Cheers

7. I glad you have resurrected it mate cos I don't even know where any of the scuttle panels are lol or the holes to check for debris, never had a rs before :rolleyes:

8. Around the middle section of the door seal (bottom) if you pull the rubber seal it should clear the whole and water too :smile:

9. Ah the joys of a french car eh, ah ok i'll look tomorrow how is the water getting in?

10. has anyone ever replaced the window seal to see if that solves it?

11. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Water runs down the back of the door card and comes in where they are bonded together

12. As Mark says... This must be the design as there are drainage holes for the water to escape.. They just get clogged up hence the build up...

13. Mine did the same and filled to the speaker! Just pull back the rubber seal around the bottom of the door and a load of crap/mud and mould will come out together with the water!