225 Vxr recaro in Megane 2

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Jdrummo31, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi guys,

Just wondering if any gurus can help me. I'm looking at putting some cs' out of a corsa vxr in mine with them being easy to find and relatively cheap. Is it going to be much hassle and how do I go about it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I was looking into this too, but it seems that the recaro seats that manufacturers fit to their cars have specific base fitment to that car. There might be commonality between different cars in that manufacturers range, but not between different manufacturers.

3. Ah I get what you're saying, such a shame really because you can get them for peanuts. Same price as we pay for trendlines for ours. Thanks though I appreciate the help

Nigelo likes this.
  4. You could in theory get someone to weld up a plate, but depends on if you know someone.

Think there's a difference or two in the vxr car seats - I think they have smaller bolsters than the megane/clio ones.

I agree, a real shame, even with the differences it'd be a good source of seats.

5. [​IMG]

DSC_0031.jpg

Nigelo and posiden52 like this.
  6. How did you manage this?

Nigelo likes this.
  7. Ditto! Lol

Jdrummo31 likes this.
  8. Only just seen this. Pretty much a bolt off bolt on job. Then sort the wiring. Takes about a hour per seat.

9. Woooow, that pretty much stomps all over the 'conventional wisdom' that recaros uses different bases for every OEM car manufacturer.

Out looking for vxr seats now! Lol

10. I assume that means you needed some kind of new seat frame?

Do they have the lever and slide mechanism to allow rear passengers in?

Are they actually any cheaper or just different?

11. Unbolt the runners from the standard megane seats and the same on the corsa vxr seats. Bolt pattern is different so 4 new bolt holes need to be drilled to fit the megane runners. Then sort the wiring as you would with a normal recaro swap.

Both driver and passenger seats have the height adjustment built into the seat frame. There from a 3 door so obviously flip forward. Back rest is the same shape as the Renault recaros. Base Side bolsters aren't as high as the Renaults but still hold well and won't Ware as bad.
    I paid £650 for these fully retrimmed. Going rate is about £1000+ for clio recaros which sit much higher when fitted in the megane. And megane sportster recaros are about the same but much rarer second hand

MilosB likes this.
  12. Bit delayed but did you keep the Corsa seat buckle / pretensioner, or use the Megane one? Did you wire the airbag up?

Do you have any pictures?

13. Sounds interesting as corsa vxr seats are quite cheap. Seen them go for around 400-500

14. Picked a set up last week for £350 (!). Going to try to fit them in my Z4, but falling back to the Megane if I fail. They are very comfy!