Upper swivel bearing rs 225

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by maece82, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Does anybody have some info regarding the upper bearing in the megane rs 225 hub assembly? I would like to replace them as well.

Many thanks and regards
    Marcel

2. There are some pictures of them in the swivel bearing thread.

They are SNR bearings.

3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

there not cheap, i got a quote for them yesterday, if you find them cheaper let me know

BEARINGS.JPG

4. thought these bearings are always ok when doing the hubs?

5. Perfect, many thanks for all thes hints!
    I've just placed a price request at my bearing supplier here in switzerland. But unfortunately, I'm aware to not getting them for a better price than you matt...

I'll report back.

6. Got mine from BRT Bearings near Fareham. It was £48, genuine SNR. I believe they have a few branches around the uk so easily accessible. If they don't have it in stock, they will source it for you. Used them for years, no problems at all.

7. 1 of mine was pretty loose so didn't bother risking taking the chance. A fair bit of rust had gathered around it too and when it got pressed out, was glad I changed it. To be honest, the whole hub was rotten but has now been blasted and painted with 3 new bearings installed. Total cost was £108

8. matt e

I emailed this place and all They said was 'no offer, snr only sell them in packs of 37'

Lol very helpful

9. Did you email the Fareham branch or their head office, or somewhere else? I phoned them up on a Wednesday and they had the bearing for me by the Friday. As I said, never had a problem with them!

10. matt e

fareham branch

11. matt e

email.JPG

12. Ha, fair enough mate! I'll be careful recommending them in future!

13. I've just ordered 2 pieces of these SNR bearings at www.123roulement.com, where they have them on stock.

Price was EUR 60.- per piece, without TVA.