Unwanted Attention

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by nathrs250, Feb 7, 2015.

1. I get all sorts trying it on, from some idiot in his mums 1.2 Limited Edition Corsa to some proper exotica. I've found the RS4 seems to attract it more then either of my Megs did - although I put it down to people wanting to hear it being driven hard for the exhaust note.....

2. Guilty...

3. Bmw drivers...smoked a X6 M50d

4. Maybe a bit harsh to genralise but most bmw drivers annoy the hellout of me. They always seem to think there in the fastest cars ever, just generally tend to drive poorly and cut me up when minding my own business
    its always a clapped out 320d aswell lol

5. It's a fair generalisation to be honest.

The same thing that makes people think that a German car is the best also makes them think that they are the best.

6. Yeah a lot of my mates think that! They see the bmw badge and automatically think it's quick! Unless it's a m or something like a 135i or a 335 then they're generally slower than a Meg!

7. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

I've got a 320d and its deffo the fastest car out there lol. although the Meg was the fastest when I had that too :wink:

8. This is gospel. I always find Bimmer drivers worse than Audi drivers (Merc's are always fine). The amount of time I see plumes of diesel fumes pluming out the back of 320d's who think they're in an M3 is ridiculous.

Guessing that wasn't in a straight line lol

9. It was straight line lol

10. I was resisting commenting on this thread as my meggy 175 is a sensible daily for me. But yesterday on a bit of a road trip i had some absolute tool in a 525d bmw trying it on, when it was eventually safe for me to overtake i did so and then had the muppet tailgating me with his foglights on. Once the road opened out i just gave it a little bit and effortlessly showed him a clean pair of heels.

Although when out in my 306 rallye I do tend to enjoy a 'play' with other drivers provided they are a good sport unlike the civic type R driver that tried it on the other week then decided to overtake in a 30 into oncoming traffic. Genuinely scary stuff!

11. One of the reasons that I love my 225 so much is that it doesn't attract attention.

When I had my Evo VI I had every Tom, Dick, and Chavvy trying it on with me :worried:

12. Evo's have that look about them though. no escaping it

13. I reckon a 123d would give you a headache in a straight line!

14. Good point :smiley:

15. Coming home from the RS tuning rolling road day there were two other Megs who were insistent in keeping with me.

I droped the hammer on them tho :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  16. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

+

Wasn't difficult at 70mph TBH.

17. Not a hope in hell around the bends though.

18. True, True.
    Never went a single digit over that. Honest.

19. at the weekend there was a guy in an evo on his laz trying to bait my gf's dad in the 265, constantly roaring up alongside, dropping back etc some people just dont give it a break, especially on a packed m25 motorway whats the point!