R26 Tyre size 215/35/18 help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Strell2, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Just wondering if 215/35/18's track tyres will fit standard alloys? as been offered a very cheap set of track tyres but there in the size 215/35/18 would they be okay?
    Thanks

2. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

What tyres are they?

They might be ok as 225 width is used instead of 235 for R888's etc.

3. Hankook RS2's so track orientated, yeah i know that about the r888 so im hoping these are same too, i would only use these on the rear if that helps/ makes a difference

4. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

wrong size mate, on the r26 alloys you need a 235/40 for a road tyre or a 225/40 for a track tyre.

5. DAMNNNNNN are you sure???

6. Yea but a 225 road tyre will fit fine , just be slightly stretched

Same case if you fit a 215 track tyre , generally track tyres are 10mm wider than it says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. So your saying they will be fine for track? they will be on rears only?

8. They will fit yes ... How cheap are they ? I would probably wait and put 225's on personally tho

9. £100 for 4 brand new ones

10. Worth a go at that price I suppose .. You could allways ask to try one ?

11. yeah thats what i was thinking, il get them, stick 2 on the rear for my next track day which is only at blyton so not overly hard on tyres and il see what they're like, if they're rubbish they'll be going on ebay haha

12. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

Check the link out, they dont do a 215 in the 18" but following the logic the 8j rim that an r26 has would be right at the upper limit of size to fit and the profile is wrong on them too so imo they would be stretched too much and i wouldn't be using that size but fair enough if you fancie giving them a go :smile:

http://www.toyo.co.uk/tire/pattern/proxes-r888

13. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

My Hankook RS2 in 235 40 18 didn't seem wider than a normal road tyre so 215 might be a bit narrow.

I thought they were good in the dry but poor in the wet compared to R888's.

14. thanks for the help, just going to sell them on, cba with effort lol