265 Tyre choices

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by ghosty0101, Apr 18, 2017.

1. I know this gets asked almost daily but it's time for me to get new tyres. Car is a 265 with the 19's. I use it at weekends and don't often use it in the wet or ever in ice/snow as I have another car for that. Kwik fit have the pilot sport cup 2's for £177 fitted which is cheaper than camskill by a fair bit. Are they worth the money or is there something that is just as good/better for the same price or less?

2. Like you, I only use my Meg for weekend duties however I do track mine. I have Cup2s and will be replacing them with a Cup2 or R888R which ever is cheaper.

The Cup2 doesn't fully get up to temp on the road so if it's solely a road car I'd be tempted by a Pilot Super Sport.

The quote from kwik fit, was that for 235/35/R19? If so that's cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yeah I thought it sounded cheap hence it peaked my interest!

4. [​IMG]

Online price show £177.99

That's £20 a tyre cheaper than R888Rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. If you like Michelins, try the new Pilot Sport 4 S. Available in 19 inch 235/35. Supposed to be a winner.

ghosty0101 likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    It's Y19, that's the only bit I get confused about. Is that no good?

7. [​IMG]
    Found those and can get fitting for £14 a corner

8. I might do a couple of track evenings. I'm no Matt west though and I don't spank my car everywhere so a good all rounder would probably do me. I doubt I'd ever find the absolute limits of any of these tyres! [emoji23]

9. Ordered some pilot sport 4s'. Got a pair for £336 delivered!

10. ^ I think they are the replacements for the Super Sports are they not?

Had a chat with Michelin customer services yesterday. They tell me the much rumored demise of the PS2 is false. They are homologated to quite a few specific manufacturers, Porsche being one, so they are still producing them. Blackcircles are doing these fitted for around 145 each in 18's.

11. Quality choice.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  12. Yeah I think they're the slightly better version of the super sports. Everything I read said the ps4s' were better than the cup 2's as an all rounder which is what I need really so I went with them. If I don't like them I can always stick them on the back and go for something new on the front!

13. I have been wanting Ps4s on mine but I cant work out if they are worth the price premium .

On Kwik Fit, with Cashback and with a Gift Card/Voucher deal on Continentals you can get Conti SportContact 6s for about 30% less than a set of Ps4s.

I'm not sure I can justify spending more than necessary.

14. Gotta be the Conti 6 if you can get a good deal.

For just a road tyre, there is too much forum internet crap floating about over needing a tyre for racing around on the UK highways. Some of the rubbish you read makes you think every trip out is an F1 qualifying session.

15. Yeah there is definitely some truth in what you're saying. I doubt I would be disappointed with either tyre to be honest.
    Cost wise the figures I've noticed are..

Contis £152 each fitted. Then qualify for a £60 gift card and then 3.5% topcashback. So about £530 for 4.

Michelin £178 fitted at black circles. No real discount deals. So that's like £700 which is a vast difference.

16. Went for my first blat today round some fairly bumpy lanes, the grip was noticeably better than the old tyres. Don't know if this is to do with the wheels or tyres but I've noticed the car feels a lot more unsettled than my r26 used to. It feels like it tram lines more but the tyres are the same width. Might need 4 wheel alignment to sort that out properly so I'll get that checked when I can

17. Had my PS4 on for a while in replacement of my ps2 and really enjoying them, comfort is improved in day to day driving and feedback exiting corners is really improved but likely also because my ps2 were nearly at the markers.

18. I'm increasingly surprised by the grip they offer. As in, I increasingly go into corners expecting it to understeer and it doesn't.

19. A Pilot Sport 4S is a different bit of kit than a Pilot Sport 4.

20. They (PS4's) are a definite improvement over the PS2's in that regard, no doubt about it.