Track rod ends 250

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Wmrs250, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Just removed my track rod but the sleeve that is suppose to remain in the hub has come out, no force was applied it simply dropped out when I removed the nut, how do I remove it, I've tried a vice and hammer but to no avail

2. If you can't get it off you can buy them from Renault individually. Most of them get stuck to the track rod end its a pain in the ar*e

3. Pain in the ar*e is an understatement, do you know what the part is called and if it's a special order part? My car is off road now due to me damaging the threads on the old track rod

4. I'm sure it was called a hub insert for the track rod end.

5. I just called renault and was told it's not a part you can buy on it's own, it's part of a hub and it's £207 a side, wtf, i might have to fabricate one out of washers or something, no way am I paying that much

6. I'm pretty sure you can buy them individually.

7. If you get time mate can you give your local dealer a call and see if you can get them individually, the guy I spoke to was adament I can't get them without buying part of the hub

8. Got this sorted in the end, very easy once I had time to think about it, I should have took a vid, made a really loud bang when the shim popped itself off

9. Sh*t I totally forgot about this. The insert is £16.89 from Renault for future reference.

10. I called up renault Wolverhampton after my last post and was told it only comes with the hub, it's cool mate, very easy to get off and my solution will always work, might do a how to when I get home

11. Cool mate no worries

RS250 likes this.
  12. Dragging up a thread from the dead here.

I’ve messed up and thrown out my old track rod ends which had this sleeve (hub insert) on them.

Does anybody know if they can be ordered. Speaking to my main dealer, they don’t appear on the system.

I don’t fancy ordering two new hubs!

Thanks,

James