Sponsored By:  

Track Insurance from Moris

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Meg16_Beth, Oct 13, 2017.

1. So I'm attending Blyton Park on October 19th (who else is there :smiley: ) and I tried to get quotes from various insurers for my car. Adrian Flux declined me (weirdly....do they not want the business?), so I decided to go to Moris to get a quote.

It turned out to be £140 for the day including get you home recovery (because RAC aren't the US Marines and will leave you behind).

On top of that they did a deal for me being part of an owners club which was if I don't bin it at Blyton then I get £30 refunded.

Pretty pleased with that :smile:

2. if you can insure your car through Greenlight, they will insure you for £40 for every trackday you do, UK only, i use Morris for Spa.

Meg16_Beth likes this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Theres nothing to hit at Blyton :tearsofjoy:

4. Moris are good, but they all are if you dont actually need to claim. I've used Moris a fair bit, but this year moved to Greenlight as mentioned above. They also do a good deal on mods (ie no extra cash, you just have to inform them whats done for their records)

Meg16_Beth likes this.
  5. NJH

NJH

Yep I will be going with Greenlight next year, stayed with Admiral this year only because they dropped my insurance cost below anything Greenlight could match but crucially I can't do anything more with the car now because Admiral really don't want modified or track used cars. They wouldn't give cover for example if the car has an aftermarket intercooler. Once one adds in the deal Greenlight give on track day cover they become a bit of a no brainer. I have used REIS for years for my 944 race car but at the time they didn't have a product for our cars, it seems however they have come up with something now for more modern cars or cars which aren't clearly sports cars so maybe they will be in the mix as well come renewal time.

6. There are other cars :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. Besides....it's only my 2nd track day. 1st if I exclude curborough which was a sprint track

I'll be renewing car insurance from Greenlight next year then based on the recommendations from here. Track insurance deals sound pretty good

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't drive out your limits then and have a look at what it actually covers :wink:

Ive not bothered once in 8 years of TD's, Waste of cash imo.