TPS failure on dash. MOT failure ??

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by pervertedmonk, Apr 27, 2018.

1. HI.
    just had the old girl mot'd again. it passed in the end. but he first failed it on the tps failure notice on the dash. as I have taken off the front sensors as they fell apart.
    its never failed on these before so is it a new thing come in or have they just missed this in the past.
    he also said next year will be harder to pass the emissions if the tailpipes are lager then std as its sucking in more air ??? advised to put a can on over them next time..

2. And how does the exhaust suck more air in exactly, it’s there to guide the spent gas out of the engine!
    Larger tailpipe may make more noise can’t see how it affects emissions though.

pervertedmonk likes this.
  3. the chaps words were. When you let off its sucking air back up making it harder to get the tough emission figures there brining in. first time I've ever heard of air being sucked back...

Mikey4410 likes this.
  4. NJH

NJH

Warning lights on dash used to be advisories or ignored if you were using a friendly garage but are hard fails now in the latest MoT rules. I have a similar issue on my old Porsche 944 S2 race car. It hasn't had brake pad wear sensors for a decade so the warning light comes on, on the dash. Never used to be an issue but is now an MoT fail. Luckily I have found the circuit diagram and confirmed from others I can jumper 2 wires behind the dash so the light doesn't come on.

All of these sorts of issues are going to get more problematic on newer cars where its computers rather than simple 1980's circuits doing stuff.

5. Get the TPMS turned off in Clip.

Tester is chatting shit about the exhaust.

pervertedmonk likes this.