Sponsored By:  

Thruxton 31 August Open Pit Lane Track Day

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Cazper, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Yep mine is petrol, it's a Pacific 24 mk1, a very rare one apparently most were 22's, it used to have a Mermaid 140 diesel when it was new, i bought it as a project :sob:, now it has 2 Honda 135hp outboards :sunglasses:
    Love opti's was trying for a pair of 150's instead of the Honda's, did think of twin Etec 200, i have a 225 opti and i might put that on a 6m rib, did have a 5.5m Humber with a 150 opti that was mental :laughing:

2. At the beginning of the day they said reset your trips and then come in after 10 or 12 miles. I tend to come in a lot to start with so I can get the tyres to the right pressure when they are running nice and hot. I never looked at the trip again until I filled up with Fuel when leaving the circuit as I had driven there in the RS60. I did think 235 miles was a lot but it was a beautiful September day and really warm and so much fun. I would come in for a quick coffee out of the thermos and fill with fuel then go back out again. Looking forward to doing the same in the Megane.

3. Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Cazper likes this.
  4. At the beginning of the day they said reset your trips and then come in after 10 or 12 miles. I tend to come in a lot to start with so I can get the tyres to the right pressure when they are running nice and hot. I never looked at the trip again until I filled up with Fuel when leaving the circuit as I had driven there in the RS60. I did think 235 miles was a lot but it was a beautiful September day and really warm and so much fun. I would come in for a quick coffee out of the thermos
    this was mine... osprey vipermax 1.JPG

built it out myself and loved it....will get another rib one day when the girls are older. I used to do a litre a mile at a fast pace which I thought was excellent

5. That looks a great rib, luckily my business pays for mine :sunglasses:

My 150 opti was so good on fuel it was stupid, Plymouth to Salcombe and back 30-35knts only used 40ltrs of fuel the oil, now thats a different matter.

6. that was a big project..hat off to you..mine was a project but everything was new, I got the hull specc'd specifically to my needs eg knees, changeable seats at rear, twin elephant trunks, built in fibreglass 220l tank, discovery console slightly to one side, custom tubes by our friends in yeovil, new opti 200,
    really enjoyed the build however next i would probably go either vipermax/scorpion

here are some pics of the build

my new boat.JPG ready for collection vipermax 6.5.JPG DSC01947.JPG boat with toobs and 4 jockeys.JPG
    rear view.JPG

7. Oh the joy of the opti oil....I remember buying the stuff in bulk to save quite a few quid and shared it with the mates as we all had optis

8. is it badged as optimax or salt water, ie blue or red?

9. looks good, it's great when it all comes together, i love ribs they are so good at so many things.

10. It's an Optimax silver/blue paint needs work as it got dunked, got it working told the owner he needed to use it, but he left it on his drive and then brought it back saying it wont start, he's given up on it so now its mine :sunglasses:

11. 11844993_924246964303301_2481167253509542142_o.jpg 10407776_789206927807306_485601486293448017_n.jpg 11887736_924247027636628_4268537161570719197_o.jpg unloading cargo
    11887736_924247027636628_4268537161570719197_o.jpg

12. Launch day, it was awful weather but had to go out :laughing:

Cazper likes this.
  13. 20170810_224339.jpg Hmmm I think the old pads have had it 20170810_224339.jpg

Lucky new discs going on with new 1.11 pads

14. Naaa they will go again :laughing: after Thruxton i have new disc's and pads to go on :sunglasses:

15. This arrived too today

20170810_125237.jpg

16. So new discs and pads on front today...will pop out and bed them in later. I must say is the easiest car I have changed pads and discs on ever. The calipers are all new so no pin trouble. Thanks to George for the constant stream of new bits.
    A question...whats the view on Miller's nanodrive....how frequent should it be changed or best to go by colour.

17. NJH

NJH

Booked.

See you lads there.

Neil

ianplymouth and Cazper like this.
  18. Cool looking forward to it and meeting you all

19. anyone else? I will be there early as will Ian

20. NJH

NJH

I will look for you lads garages, my car is fairly road spec but I have put me crate in the boot and remembered to chuck my IR pyrometer in there.

21. super see you there matey

22. NJH

NJH

Wow what a fantastic day at the track with a couple of great guys and some nice brisk lapping. Chris, Ian, it was a pleasure lads and I look forward to the next time.

Cazper likes this.
  23. Yep a brilliant day and great to meet you guys. Really enjoyed it. Weather was brill with just a very short shower before lunch. Great company and a great day.. thanks guys

24. My best lap was 1.39 in that last session we did Neil, was a great session, my times steadily improved as the day went on as got used to the track

NJH likes this.
  25. Hi guys
    great to meet up with you, deff do it again when it all sorted, update later :openmouth:

NJH and Cazper like this.