265 Stock boost

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Hi all, just wanted to get some feedback on what people are getting as max boost, via the in-cabin monitor gauge, im boosting in third to around 1.2 however I'm reading that the RS265 is supposed to boost to 2.5 can someone point me in the right direction if I'm just being dumb and not reading gauge correct, or if 1.2 is correct and the literature is inaccurate, or if I possibly have a boost leak and should be hitting 2.5 ? Thanks for the feedback

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If it were to hit 2.5 bar your internals would become externals....

AlonsoRS3, Marc Stevens and Jamie230 like this.
  3. Hi Jamie, that's what I was thinking, but I had to ask, my RS225 was on 0.7 stock, then 1.0 mapped, so I thought the stock 265 at 1.2 was good But every second article I read, they saying the 265 is up 0.2 from the 250, i.e. From 2.3 bar to 2.5 Read it around 5 articles Had to ask! Thanks for feedback

4. Depends what reference point you use for pressure, total vacuum or atmospheric. Maybe there's some confusion there.

MilosB likes this.
  5. Yes.
    There is MAP (manifold apsolute pressure) and hance the name for MAP sensor.
    And there is "boost" pressure. Which in real world does not mean a thing in real world or to the car/engine. As the engine only has to know its apsolute pressure and air temp to know how much air is in the engine amd how to fuel it (air density)

The offset between the two is the atmosferic pressure at where you are currently and is not a constant.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

6. On my 275 the boost in sport/race mode is 1,35bar
    Normal mode is 1,1bar (250isch)
    So 1,2 should be about right

7. Yes, can confirm stock 265 boost is up to 1.25-1.3.
    1-1.1 in normal mode
    After remap 1.4

Mish View likes this.
  8. what power are you running with a 1.4 pressure on a stock turbo ? stage 1 stage 2 ? cheers