250 Standard Mk 3 Radios

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Neil Mackay, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hi Guys, I don't suppose any of you guru's know which standard Mark 3 Radios support USB/3.5 jack aux do you? My unit is a Bosch (part number 28 115 95040R T). Looking at the car it had an aftermarket system installed at some point, but the above standard radio came with the car and does not have the USB/Aux option on the menu, only an aux two pin option (which obviously doesn't work). I can only conclude that this unit was bought to put the car back to "standard" before it was sold on (by any of the previous owners). Ideally I want to be able to use the USB option. I have checked the wiring loom behind and the connections from the USB/3.5 go from the back of the socket below the radio and into the Multimedia unit behind the glove box by way of two separate cables rather than one, so there is connectivity there. So my question is, some of the units appear to be Blaupunkt and some Bosch so i'm wondering it possible if my unit is from a lower speced Mark 3 megane that only had the RCA connector? I wonder whether the Blaupunkt ones are the ones that support USB?

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I just took mine out to replace it with a non standard one, mine has the usb and jack and it's this model I removed.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks Gavin, useful information,although blows my Bosch idea out the water May have a fish around eBay for a unit with that model number and give it a try. Alternative is Clip I suppose ☹️