Squeeling when boosting

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jambo87, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Starting to get to the point now where im paranoid over every little noise. So today had a quick blast out and notice when boosting at say 5k revs it sounds like i have a screamer pipe fitted lol. Anyone suffer this before. Could it be turbo issues etc

2. Some time ago, I had similar, and it was a boost leak.

3. Where was the leak?

4. I had the same, but it was on initial boost at low rpm when pressure was at its highest. Tightened up all the boost hose clips and it seemed to cure it.

5. Popping to a garage during week to get it checked. Hopefully something simple mate

6. Also heard whistle during boost, however this was after someone bought my car and gave it to backyard mechanic, turns out they were messing with turbo, but yep some form of boost leak and made a very high whistle noise.

7. Well ive come to conclusion that its defo boost issues. Took car out and gradually accelerated to 5500 rpm and no squeeling. As soon as put foot down squeel appears. Is there any diy technique of locating it

8. Hi Jambo, not really sure, I fitted a boost gauge which was great, if I lost power I looked at gauge, if it’s a boost leak then boost is down I fitted a dump valve and had endless leaks, if I were you id try checking all boost pipes are secure.

9. Hi mate. Loose screw on airbox causing the noise lol

10. who would have thought!