Springs and spacers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jambo87, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Morning gents. Right time to get ride height sorted on the 250 and im going for h&r springs, but i also want some spacers on to bulk wheels out a bit. I've read some old threads on people fitting spacers and getting tyre scrub, so basically what i want to know is has anyone found the perfect spacer to match with said springs i.e what mm and manufacturer.

Cheers jambo

2. Hi!

My Meg 265 has 35mm H&R lowering springs and 19’’ wheels. For the rear, I went for Eibach Pro-Spacer S90-2-16-011 with a thickness of 16mm together with longer bolts (M12x1,5x45mm). I haven’t experienced any tyre scrub. I know that 20mm spacers does result in scrub, but I’m not sure if this is also the case with 18mm spacers. 16mm is the safest option.

For the front, I still have to order some spacers, but most people go for 8mm. I don't know if this is the max thickness.

3. Thanks for the info mate. Mines got 19s aswell so i think I'll take your advice and go for the 16mm spacers.

Cheers

4. Wont it effect the handling if you change the rears more than the fronts?