Search for a mk2 rear pipe - group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gavin., Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for the effort Gavin appreciate it

2. +1 to that, top effort for sorting out such a popular group buy for everyone

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Just hope it comes off! I want my new tips :wink:

4. And I want your old ones

5. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

I may have to drop out - unfortunately lost my job and am currently searching for another but not looking great at the moment!!
    Proper bummer!!

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Sorry to hear, i'll remove you off the list.

7. Still no news on updated prices inclusive of postage?

8. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Nope :worried: I'm starting to loose hope, I must admit.

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Why not ask CGR on here if they can do something like this?

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Tried that, he only wants to make full systems not parts. I don't want to replace the full system, i want the dpf can to still be there.

11. Thats how I feel!! Thanks for trying tho!

Might have to start saving for that Milltek system!!

12. Uch.....

13. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Tell me about it, I'm still adamant on getting round pipes though. It's still yours when I find a replacement it this doesn't happen

14. Has he stopped contact or just still waiting?

15. was going to jump on this but if it takes him this long to give you a price how long will it take to actually get the items!!!

16. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Just still waiting, he's replied to everything I've asked. Just no price, I'm bored of asking. Just see if they materialise I suppose.

17. Sorry Gavin but I'm going to have to pull out too as my car is now up for sale thanks anyway!

18. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Ok 've had something back, better than nothing.

He wants to ship to the UK in one batch to a central place, it'll be £100 to ship them all and then they'll need shipping from said central place in the uk.

Thoughts?

19. I'm still okay with this as if 5 people are interested then that's only 20 posted

20. 100£ to the uk, then how much from X' distribution point lol

21. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Yup, I know!

22. Would that mean we need to organise a courier ourselves to distribute them around the uk?

23. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

And most likely re-package to ship on.

24. Well depending how many ordered I wouldn't mind re packaging them and sending on

25. On the first page are 16 names. 100£ for all 16 comes 7£ each which is more than ok. No?

26. Im ok with this. I drive a bit si may be able to help move some round the south a bit

27. I'm in Warwickshire between M1 and M40, close to M42.

28. Midlands here

29. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Well if everyone's okay with it... Can we sort something out?

30. I still think we need to understand what are all the costs, because some people (including me) said there interested depending on price. We need to see how much is going to be the national shipping aswell and then see how many really pull the trigger.

31. I'm sure if he's sorting out the international shipping then once it's over here it will be going to a central hub. FedEx/UPS etc.

Once you find this out you can then arrange for them to re label and distribute to you guys.

Someone may need to go to 'said' central hub and maybe package up seperate and re label them with your individual addresses though so there's no confusion.
    The address labels and bookings can all be done in advance once you know where Jorge will be sending them too.

32. I'm out. Found a Milltek for not much more.

33. i may be interested if a total price is given, within reason anyway will be hard for an exact price with the local shipping, did he ever give a price for the actual exhaust

34. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Well I was assuming €160 each based on the front page prices, plus a share of £100 for Spanish postage plus what it costs to ship from a central source here.

35. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Okay... finally... right, He will ship individually, it will be €40 (dependant on postcode, say mainland) + €160 for the exhaust pipe itself, so your looking at €200 per unit.

36. So £155 that's not bad to be honest in fact that's pretty damn good. I'm in

37. Did we ever get a confirmed size? I wanted 3" ?

38. I'm also interested in this one but does anyone have any evidence of performance, from the look of it should be good but it's still a chunk of money if it's not good for the car... Also is it a straight fit for the mk2 as in can I sort this one on the driveway for my r26, I've been lurking in the background but now am very interested.

39. I wouldn't count on a performance gain, perhaps a freer top end a little, and maybe a sharper throttle response but I'd say it would be negligible. It's the acoustics and drop in mass that will add up to you fitting it!

It's the front section that makes the big difference to this size engine with a turbo. Specifically downpipe and Cat.

I'm guessing they come swaged to slip over the pipe that's left after you cut the OE back box off. Then you'd just need to clamp it up!

40. OK so I need a couple of basic parts, clamp and exhaust cutter , thanks for reply.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.