Sealant - Which to use?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Molesyy, May 31, 2017.

1. Ladies

I'm looking for a average priced paint sealant just to top up every now and again.

I read all this "Hydrophobic Nano Repellent Ceramic Coating" but what's good bang for the buck? Any photos/links appreciated! Jon

2. Not sure if its classed a sealant, but i used Gyeon Cancoat recently, pretty good stuff. Would recommend applying it away from a breeze/wind, as its a nightmare to get off you windows :worried:

3. Reload, easy on and off, beads like mad.

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

really like sonax especially BSD

5. i use the BSD as well, it is brilliant, i mix it with Reload, makes it a bit easier to buff off.

matt e likes this.
  6. BSD is a very nice product - I use it to top up the wax or sealant on our cars. The only thing is that the protection doesn't last very long. If you want something that offers longer protection go for the protect and shine (or pns at is more or less the same) linked to above or similar.
    I have used pns several times and it offers good protection and durability, however can in some cases be a hazzle to work with.
    Another alternative is some of the wet coat sealants like monster shine hi-gloss polymer sealant - they are often rather easy to use and offer protection for 3-6 months depending on the product etc.

Sendt fra min A0001 med Tapatalk

7. Wolfs coatings hard body.
    Properly good coating for the money.
    Often see 12+ months protection from a single application.

8. Carbon collective oracle can be a bit tricky to apply but they advertise 2-3 years protection for around the £50 mark. That requires some correction and claying and an ipa wipe down first though.

9. Soft99 Fusso dark is a doddle to apply and remove. This is my car today, I sealed it about 4 weeks ago

0XJGOM0.jpg

cgsYuFz.jpg

Pondman and Leigh like this.
  10. Am I really old fashioned if I still use a wax these days? haha

11. I use this stuff and love it!

I have the dark too and it’s fine on my white R26.