RS265 turbo flutter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Sep 13, 2018.

1. It’s my second RS and I rely wanted Turbo Flutter for over 5 years now, I decided against it due to the bad comments I kept hearing, but over this last year there have been plenty people saying they chucked on a blanking plate with no Bov and no issues whatsoever for years.... so I decided to do it, I live in South Africa and decided to import the blanking plate from forge up, can’t believe the plate itself was around 26 pounds, and shipping and import duty were 51 pounds anyway I put the plate on after a 2 hr struggle, and to my dismay I got very little sound, in fact it was virtually silent, so I read a few threads and decided I’d chuck a cone on to see if that increased the sound. OMG I think I’m going to have to box the cone a bit to reduce the noise, it’s very loud... But does sound sweeet

paulmorgan901 likes this.
  2. Sadly the short vid won’t load, but trust me it’s loud, and that’s just with moving forward a meter!

3. 96516CF0-24CA-4DC2-BF10-84C6A6C70982.jpeg Added a heat shield and some pliable aluminum sheet. Reduced the noise slightly.

Genty likes this.
  4. removed heat shield and made a sort of semi closed container, hopefully keeps heat at bay, and reduces the cone intake noise slightly.

Attached Files:

oxbee likes this.
  5. Video[emoji16]??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nice bit d.i.y actually looks better than factory intake

7. Tried uploading vid, but keeps saying it’s to large, even with zip, but trust me, whatever your thinking off for Turbo flutter, it’s that good

8. Upload it somewhere else and share the link