RS250 issue :(

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by 265CupAsh, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Having a problem with my 250 cup low mileage at 45k and no warning lights on dash and no codes. Starts and idles fine when cold, if I drive somehwere to get it up to temp then turn it off and return the idle is very lumpy I can see the rev gauge flutter about. Also if I am in slow traffic in first gear I can hold my accelerater still at a low rpm and it kangaroos and jumps about pretty bad :worried: seems to be only on part or light throttle once I boot it, it pulls hard to redline. Any ideas before I take it to a garage ??

2. temp sender and/or inlet temp air sensor
    easy diy fix £8 for air sensor from renault(don`t get a fleabay part) easy fit coolant temp sensor cheap but battery out to get to the bottom bolt of thermostat housing!

3. Thanks for the reply bud will try and source this week

4. Also is there any part numbers for the two sensors ??

5. Air inlet temp sensor is 8200415410R, becareful, because there is a note in the system that you need a new loom with at £43ish, its not needed, im assuming theres a possible issue with the plug of some sorts.

6. Thank you :smile:

7. Sorry im having a similar issue but i thought this sensor was on top of the housing. No. 3 in dia.

Attached Files:

8. The one I have ordered is number 3 yes the two sensors labelled 8 are map sensors and then lambda, I imagine the other sensor is a engine temp sensor

9. You able to tell me where the mass airflow sensor is located, wanted to give it a clean with the mass cleaner.?

10. Is it anywhere in the attached image? Or else where

Attached Files:

11. There isnt a air mass flow sensor, renault use map sensors only, might be worth giving them a clean thou, i know one off mine had oil in the sensor. Just used carb cleaner.

nebz250 and 265CupAsh like this.
  12. As Ryan said turbo cars no mass air flow

13. Can any of the sensors be unplugged and cleaned without tripping the system or doing damage by just unplugging and cleaning them. Assuming being carefull doing it on a cold engine and cleaning with proper electrical cleaner eg mas cleaner.

14. I'm sure if you was to unplug clean and plug in a sensor it's wouldn't bring up any fault codes etc.. or to be sure you could always whip the power wire off the battery. As to physically damaging the sensor, using the collect cleaning product and being gentle I don't see why it would be damaged.

15. Ive unplugged mine n cleanned them no problem.