250 Rs250 flat boot floor

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by odinson, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Currently registering a complaint with Renault as no-one is willing to give me the part number. Especially coming from a dealer, this is ridiculous, I'll let you all know how I get on.

2. It might be the fact you've not got a Trophy-R and they want to keep the exclusivity.

Ie. still to this day if you want to order E46 M3 CSL parts such as the duckbill boot you need to present your V5 Log Book in order to order parts as proof of ownership of the CSL. That said people went and made replica's for 1/3rd the price anyway

3. You're probably right. I might even go to another dealer and use another reg plate to get them. However does anyone know a Trophy R owner?

lok101 likes this.
  4. Bar is in!

Powder coated in a grey. Getting a false floor sorted next, but the bar and webbing combo I'm really, really pleased with. Probably the strongest thing in the car :smiley:

3f9GYV8.png

tyZ8Bgu.png

cSK7hRk.png

If anyone is interested in getting a bar made, we have all the dimensions so can get some ordered if there's interest. It's 30mm and 2mm thick. Either end has welded plates, and the ridges are from welding some washers to the bar

Cost inc. delivery would be c. £200 - not bad given Renault wanted £400 o_O

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  5. I have a reg for a trophy r if you want pm me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. FarmerChris, I've got one too, I need to speak to an actual owner!

7. Okay I think I may have the part number for the rear seat mounting carpet cover, However there is a catch. The one that myself and the parts department think it is is approx £220+VAT, so you can understand that I don't want to order one unless I am 110% certain, if anyone wants to risk it, it is as follows: 745105610R. The nets that go over this are a generic part, which is: 7711422533, and they're fairly cheap.

binns likes this.
  8. It sounded like you just said over £250 for a small section of carpet?

9. Exactly. It's RS Megane tax!

That's why I need to make sure 100%.

10. Distance selling regs. Order it, if it's wrong, just don't accept it

11. See now that would work if it wasn't a specific part I'd requested, considering as well, I work there. I'm not going to cause unnecessary hassle for myself at work!

12. Okay, it's confirmed. That's the rear carpet from a Trophy R, where the seats would normally mount.

13. neilrs I'll be in touch in the next month or so and I'll get one of those off you mate!

14. No worries

I have a false floor going in, else I'd be having the carpet done. Once I get the car back I'll post up some pics

15. Interior upgrades complete... and I have to say, the guys at John Kleis in Reading are very good

Their approach is excellent and they have people that really want to produce something good for their customers

View looking back:

Photo%2027-05-2016%2C%2011%2058%2000.jpg

Photo%2027-05-2016%2C%2012%2003%2052.jpg

Nigelo, lok101, Bowen and 1 other person like this.
  16. Looks awesome mate!

17. Did anyone ever make a flat boot floor? Tempted to do similar on my 225

18. Is that a genuine Trophy R strut bar/cargo net holder?

19. It's not a strut bar, they don't touch the struts. You need a bar that goes where the rear seats do

I didn't pay for the Renault one as its a joke - £400 or something. Plus the wrong colour for the car

But the webbing is genuine

There is a rear flat floor on Facebook I think

20. You had one made up then?

21. I made the bar, yep. It's 2mm steel, 30mm diameter, welded plates at either end. Then had it powder coated

£200 if you want one

22. Is any modification to the door cards needed to fit either your bar or the 275 bar?

Cheers,

James

23. No - when you remove the rear seats you can see there's a metal bracket that they clip into

That bracket goes through the plastic and, behind the trim, is bolted to a metal plate (along with the rear seat belt) that in turn is bolted to the car

I removed all the bolts, and the bar is then bolted directly to the car

It's a bit of a pain once you have fed the bar through the plastic to get the bolt screwed in as the trim is a bugger to prise away without snapping anything, but it's not too bad

The main annoyance is just how much trim needs removing to get access to the seat belt holder!

24. Ah that's good.

Yeah I know it's a nightmare - I've stripped the entire rear out twice now for a couple of trackdays and everything has to come out to get to the seat belt holders.

I like the fact that the bar can be fitted without modification though. Can it be provided in red?

25. Have whatever colour you like, it's made from scratch

26. Hi mate, are you still able to get one of these made?

27. Probably, yep

28. If you can mate, drop me a PM. I realise this thread is from a while ago. Thanks.

29. That is very smart mate excellent work. Did you remove the rear seat belts too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. Yep

31. Did you ever get yours done mate? Kinda tempted with this as I have a trophy and wished it was an R lol...

There is that polish renault sport company on eBay selling all the specific parts for this but as you know they're very expensive and their feedback is poor so it makes me wonder whether it would be worth using them [emoji848]

Does anyone have specific part numbers for the genuine Renaultsport Recaro Pole Position seats as they're the correct colour for the car too, being slightly lighter grey leather rather than black like the commonly available Recaros. Thanks all. [emoji1598]

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You probably would be cheaper selling and just buying an R, parts prices for the specific Trophy-R parts are horrific.

33. You say that but it's at least £10k difference between mine and an R, and that's if you can find one. Would cost £5k max to equip a normal trophy. It already has the ohlins. [emoji1305]

34. Could I theoretically still put back the rear-seats if need be, or should I first remove the bar?

35. I stand corrected. Just got a quote on TR seats and they're £3k each!

36. Even with cheaper Trophy R bits, it's eventually a mugs game as nobody really wants to buy a replica unless it's cheap. Pissing it up walls is a better hobby lol

37. Cheap replica? Never seen anyone looking to advertise their car as a replica on here. Modified yes, but cheap replica...c'mon.

38. Exactly. A trophy is essentially the saMe with a few added bits. I hear what you're saying but it doesn't make sense.

39. Chap on here spent large turning an R26 into an R26R replica and had difficulty flogging it. Not original, no credence.

You can easily make a Trophy as quick as a Trophy R, but just bolting in all the full Trophy R bits from the Renault parts list is going down the expensive replica route. How much were those R seats again......

40. I get that, but it's not like I'm aiming to create an R it would just be a tweaked trophy with some elements of an R. The seats are actually about 1200 each from the RS dealers on eBay. Not sure where Renault got £3k from [emoji848]

If someone wants to create a copy of an R/R26R because there isn't one available to buy I don't see the problem either. Yes it's not a factory built R26R but who is going to know and if it's as capable what does it matter?