265 RS Monitor 2.0 need help.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Trickrs, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Hi guys! Who has have with rs monitor 2.0 ?

My dealer is willing to help me with the installation of rs monitor 2.0. I need vin number machines on which it stood from the factory. I from Russia and there no machines with rs monitor 2.0. Please help me.

P.S. Sorry my english very bad :smiley:

2. Nobody is going to give you VIN numbers on here.

What are you trying to do, upgrade the RS monitor? I'm not sure that is possible.

3. Yes, perhaps it was foolish to look for help here.

You know that such Renault Can Clip?

I need a VIN number to change the my configuration file (MTS file)
    In my car mounted R-Link 2014. I want install RS monitor 2.0 in my R-link
    Maybe I need a telemetry unit for this (I know 2 telemetry blocks and I'm trying to figure which I need a unit)

I'm not asking to give vin openly. I ask him to give me in private message. We do not have machines with RS monitor 2.0

4. www.carsales.com.au
    This is a popular used car search site used in Australia and all sellers must put their VIN in their advertisement.
    Search for a 2014 Megane 265 and take your pick :wink:

5. Hope you get on alright with the retrofit. Have to say I'm surprised that there's not more 'tinkering' with various control units - I've just come from a focus rs and I was able to switch a load of stuff on or off, enable usb and bluetooth etc. A clever Russian guy even made an obd unit that rewrote the access module to give auto fold mirrors instead of switch only. Must get a Renault clip and experiment.

And I must do a proper introduction on the new members bit too! :-)

6. ^ hi & welcome.

Not much tinkering on the Renault scene wrt that sort of thing to be honest.

Get a thread up and a few pics :smile:

7. Its me

Hi guys! Bad news, so far nothing has turned out. We have found out that additional sensors aren't required. Additional blocks aren't necessary too. We tried an automatic configuration and it doesn't help, also tried to change the configuration file of the car (MTC file). RS monitor - the app in rlink. Connection with technical support of Renault and rlink helpline has given nothing. Who has rs monitor 2.0 contact please me in pm. A request to those who has rs monitor: you can throw off to me the file of updating of your rlink from rlink store? There is a high probability that at this file stored app "rs monitor". We trying get them from there and perhaps it will be possible to establish in rlink. That file usually you load the card in sd for update yours rlink. In yours rlink store have app "rs monitor 2.0" ?

8. Who can lay out the a screenshot of your SD card? I need only this directory

Without pc monitor, it looks like.
    My screenshot

[​IMG]

No owners of cars with rs monitor this issue not sorted out.

Attached Files:

9. Did you get it to work ?

10. I've been looking into this, depending on the unit the vin number will need to be changed in a few files, unfortunately I'm unable to rewrite to change the vin to test, I can only program the vin to new units

11. Hi,
    I see the info is kind of old but I will add my 2 cents.
    There are 2 ways in which you can do what you want.

- First as you said, you need a VIN but also a R-Link serial number device from a car that had RS Monitor 2.0 from factory.
    Second, you need to modify the appropriate files on your SD. Then connect the card to the R-Link store. Then you will be able to update/install the RS Monitor app.

-Second way, only available for a select few but way easier :smile: use a special renault diag unit named derelek with the help of which enable the RS Monitor app on the R-Link. This is done through OBD2 on the car.

Could be possible to be done with the CLIP also but again, first program the VIN from a car with RS Mon on the R-Link unit, then program the unit to be with the RS Mon (in CLIP menu). After that reboot the unit and enjoy.
    For CLIP reprograming you will need also to provide the APV code. This is again very hard to get. Either from a renault dealer, either by derelek.

Should be said that with the help of a derelek you dont need a VIN or anything. :wink:

Nigelo likes this.
  12. I would pay good money to get rs monitor enabled on my 265 so if someone could do it.....;-)

13. I could do it but unfortunately you are a few thousand km away from me :smile:

14. Lol @Andrei Nic

Perhaps you need to train up a UK person..

15. It's not about training, it's about having the software and the interface to do the mods :smile:
    Only thing would be to come with the diag unit on me next time i go in UK

ting_tong and Nigelo like this.
  16. Well Andrei,
    I am sure a few people here would chip in to the cost of your ticket, if you have a definite way of coding the R.S. Monitor.

17. Well, the story is like this. Next week I will try to activate an RLink for a friend.
    I want to see first if everything will go ok with his.
    The ideea is that for RLink so far I have found there are 4 renault spare part codes. I made 2 of them work, i need to see the other 2. I wouldn't want to come there and not be able to do it in some cases.
    If everything goes well I will let you know and then we can talk about a trip

18. Fantastic :-)

19. So? Did it work?

20. Hi,
    Well I managed to activate one of the 2 remaining types. The last one remaining seems to be the one most popular.
    Anyway it's a work in progress.
    And in this process I managed also to activate the Mirrorlink and android auto features which work very well :smile:
    This is impressive as I've seen a lot of people that complain that they dont have android auto on their R-Link 2 and I made it work on R-Link 1 :smile:)) I bet I can do it for R-Link 2 also, just missing a car to try on.
    I must say it moves preaty well and also the voice commands are good.
    Long story short, when I learn how to activate the RS Monitor on the last version, I will post here.
    Almost forgot, I managed to make the R-Link work with the old RS Monitor 1. It's quite nice.

Nigelo likes this.
  21. Fascinating.
    Well I inherited an R-Link2 (car is 2015 vintage). Previous owner did not spec RS Monitor for some reason (but paid £1,300 for the canary yellow colour).
    Is there any way you could produce a USB executable file of some sort that we could load on our cars?

22. First, If you have an RS 250 , 265 or 275 then you own an R-Link 1, R-Link 2 is only on the new generation of renaults since 2016.
    Second, as explained before, it's not about a simple software update by usb or sd card.
    It's about modyfing some internal firmware parameters and inserting special X95 scripts which can only be done with a special software and tool by means of the OBD2 socket.

23. Got you.
    So are you planning to write a "how to" manual of some sort?

24. I have a 2013 265 with the rs monitor 2.0, is there a newer version?

25. The confusion is 2.0 v.s v2

Is there any possibility of using the 2.0 7" monitor as an android phone external display?
    Then we can load all the apps from our phone bypassing the Renault software all together...

26. Not sure what that is but it is mentioned on the french forums:
    https://mena.co/downloads/menaco-medianav-pack/

27. Can you outline what files on the SD Card need modifying?

28. You need to modify the internal R-Link files, not the ones on the SD card.
    Sorry I did not answer before but it seems I do not receive notifications anymore.
    In any case it is not only the R-Link, there is something else that needs to be reprogramed too.
    It is why I did not post in a while. Still having a hard time with something.
    I hope I will solve it soon but this things take time to reserch and money to experiment.
    When i will be 100% the modification can be done on all the models, I will post.

29. Keep persevering Andrei. We are all waiting

30. How goes

31. Hi,
    I was on holiday last few weeks so that's why the late reply.
    If i am lucky I hope to finish in a week.
    I will keep you posted :wink:

n0sp4m likes this.
  32. Looks like this guy already managed to activate RS Monitor on rlink display.

I see he also managed to activate Android Auto on another one of his clips.

Looks neat!

Nigelo likes this.
  33. That youtube video does make me want the monitor.

Have we heard anything from Andrei lately?

34. I spoke to him last night but sadly he doesn't have a solution yet.

This guy did it so I think we should try to get in touch with him too. Maybe we manage to get it done somehow. He has an email address in the end of the video.

35. More interesting would be if we could get entirely new features added. It's based off Android, so you think someone would have managed to reverse engineer it by now.

36. Yes, it would be nice to root the android on r-link and install normal apps although I cannot think of many apps I would use during a trip. Apart from Waze which it's already available :smile:
    For now the activation on rs mon will not be done by rooting neccesarily.

37. I already know how to reach the bootloader and command prompt but making the unit boot another kernel afterwards it tricky.
    In any case even when we succseed the hardware will not hold an android 5 or 6 I think so will be a bit limitted with the apps

38. So is it possible to get Waze on the R Link 2?

39. I presume you mean RLink1 because on RLink2 in 2017 there is alreay android auto activated :smile:

40. Yes! I was thinking of RS Monitor 2 not R Link