Rocking Recaro

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by John D, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Another niggle I have with my 275 Cup S is the drivers seat rocks back and forth a few mm when I brake or accelerate relatively hard. I've googled this and it seems to happen with Recaro seats in various cars. Something to do with shims that I don't really understand. There are fixes involving bending things with hammers that I don't want to get into!

I can feel movement in the seat mounting by rocking it by hand. Very hard to see what is going on under the seat as everything is so black or out of sight!

Again, common fault? Any tips? It's been like this since I bought the car second hand at the beginning of the year. Haven't got round to doing anything about it as I'm a busy man and it's only a minor annoyance. Plan to request Renault fix under warranty at the next service.

2. as per my experience with Recaros, i had 3 different issues in the past. to describe it first allow me to call the upright part the back-rest and the sitting part the sitting.
    if both back-rest and sitting rock together as a whole unit, hopefully loose mounting/screws (can be fixed easily),
    worse case, worn runner/slider (pay for the new runner/slider).
    if the back-rest rocks but not the sitting, then the gears joining the back-rest and sitting are worn (not much you can do to fix it, tighten all bolts improve a bit)

John D likes this.
  3. It's the whole seat rocking as a piece. Definitely something not right how it is mounted. Thanks for the input.

4. Could be the 4 bolts that are located underneath the seat frame that bolt into the seat base.

The seat base is plastic which has nuts captive on the inside.

Give this a try.

Jon

RobMitchell and John D like this.
  5. Belated update. Had the car serviced in July. They fixed the rock by tightening something up (no shit!).

It's since started rocking again!!