R26 Replacing the upper left engine mount

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Sep 17, 2018.

1. I'm in the process of replacing my K-tec/Vibra Technic engine mounts with standard spec ones on my R26 and I'm after a little info regarding the upper left mount.

I want to keep all the mounting hardware with the uprated mounts as I'll be selling them as a complete set, so that leaves me needing standard replacements. Can anyone confirm what I need?

Going off the following picture I need numbers 25 and 26 which I believe is an m8 x 125mm bolt and an m8 nut. Now I presume I need 2 of each, one for each side? Also what is part number 28?

01022055.png

Does anyone have any pictures of everything in place or a replacement guide?

Thanks

2. Yes i think they are m8 bolts, but more like 40mm not 125mm, may even be 30mm.

You will also need 24, 27 & 28

3. Thanks. I thought 125mm seemed awfully long compared to what you get with the Vibra Technic mounts. I can pick some shorter ones up locally so that's not a problem.

Regarding the other parts:

24 - I've got a replacement Febi mount ready to fit
    27 - I presume I can reuse the existing nut? A replacement nut isn't supplied with the uprated mount so presume it's still the original that's fitted.
    28 - Has anyone got any info on this part? Can't seem to find a picture of the actual part or a part number for it. I presume this is something I'll need to get from Renault?

Thanks again

4. Come to think about it, i don't think my 225 has part 28 fitted, i am sure it hasn't, on catcar there isn't a part number so not even sure if it is supposed to be there anyway.

The picture is saw of the Vibra mount looked like it was supplied with a nut, but if it wasn't then yes use the one you have.

5. Thanks Ian. Yeah it was catcar where I got the parts diagram from and noticed that they don't list the part number for item 28. My work van is currently in at Renault for some warranty work so will see what the parts desk say when I go back to collect it.
    If anyone who's recently replaced that mount and can confirm if item number 28 is or isn't fitted that would be great. I just want to make sure I have everything before removing the battery and battery. tray.

6. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

haven't got number 28 on mine

Dale1uk likes this.
  7. Cool, thanks Matt. Looks like I just need some nuts and bolts then.