Renault Sport Espace.....well sort of, hopefully!!

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Flynny, Nov 8, 2016.

1. I’m into remapping myself aswell but on the other side of the water. There also is an Espace with a Meg engine over here but he still wants to do some other stuff to it beford changing mapping. So sadly i cannot tell you yet.

However i’d think it should be possible but you’ll have to take a bit different aproach. Sadly i can’t confirm it yet....

2. Was Andy looking like he was about to set light to it???? :-)

3. He seemed in pretty good spirits, but it was still pretty early in the day lol

Flynny likes this.
  4. Was Andy looking like he was about to set light to it???? :-)

5. Hello Flynny. I have done several espace :grimacing:

Mikey4410 likes this.
  6. An other of my Espaces

7. Hi Georgios, I'm guessing you are not in the UK though???? What software do you use to do them??
    Cheers

Matt

8. No, I'm not, Matt. I live in Sweden.
    I use my own programs in stock Ecu.
    It's cool to have sach heavy car to move fast!
    I put bigger injectors and bigger turbo. Many are really surprised :grinning:

Mikey4410 likes this.
  9. Do you communicate with the ECU via the ODB port??

10. Yes via obd as always, normally!

11. Who's software do you use to communicate with it or is it your own?? No one I have tried can communicate with the ECU via the OBD as the protocols are different from Meganes, it seems because it has to go via the UCH....

12. "Kess" :grinning:

Flynny likes this.
  13. Which engine do you have in now?
    225hp with forged pistons + conrods?
    Turbo m2rs or bigger?

14. Yes, it has a Forged RS225 motor, with ARP headbolts, competition gasket, race bottom end and big end bearings, unfortunately I only have a standard RS225 Turbo and injectors at the moment, but the plan is to go for a GTX30, bigger injectors and front mount intercooler when funds allow......

15. I fixed 6 Espaces in a last 3 years. 3 with 225 turbo and 3 with a stock turbo and 4 with 225 injectors and 2 with a 250 injectors, plus exhaust.
    I have 275 engine that is waiting for my newest Espace, but 280hp is more than enough for 7 seats buss :grinning:
    Acceleration comes down from 39-42 seconds 100-180 to 16 seconds! So 350-400 will be nice! :grinning:

16. Ha ha, yes it should be fun!! I also have an R26 LSD gearbox for it, but it looks as if it will be quite tricky to fit....I think it will need it though!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

17. You can have LSD in stock gearbox from v6 Clio.
    Or like I have 250 cup gearbox in Laguna.
    To drive on tracks I have Laguna sedan II GT 2.0T 205HP = 500hp+, now engine is out.
    Laguna II station GT 2.0T 205HP = stock engine 330hp.
    Laguna III coupe GT 2.0T 205HP 4 control = 400hp-500hp+
    My Espaces are to have fun against all and vacations. :-)

Flynny likes this.
  18. Any good news?

19. Nope, I'm really struggling over here to find anyone that will do it......I may have to come to Sweden!!!!!

20. Ok.
    I'm pretty sure there should be a somebody who can help you in your country, much closer.
    Otherwise I am here :grinning:

21. What is the exact tool that you are using to re-map yours?? I might have to buy one myself!!!!!

22. I have now found a tuner using KESS who can communicate with the car, but it still won't take a Megane map, so it is currently running a 200hp Laguna map, except now it has started going in to limp mode as soon as I get it boosting, I'm guessing that this is because it thinks it is over boosting......??

23. These are the fault codes it is now giving......

[​IMG]

24. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Have you spoken to K-Tec or RSTuning?

25. I can not see the image. But Espace has it's own chip, why do you want to put in megane's or laguna's chip in? Your tuner should make a proper chip for Espace.
    200hp it's not much, stock Espace can have it with just a chip.

26. Hi Giorgios

Yes I know it isn't much power!! We are still using the Espace's ECU, which is a Sagem S3000, the same as the Meganes and Lagunas. The issue here seems to be that no one here has any maps for Espaces so can't just download them on to the ECU as they would normally do so the guys I am using obviously don't write their own maps and are just trying to convert existing maps, in this case a Laguna map, to work...... Do you have copies of the ones that you have written??

27. I'm programmer myself in last 8 years, so I use my own programmes :grinning:
    i use only stock Ecu, even for 500+ or with 2.4bar at 7500revs

28. Sooooo, could I send you my ECU....???? I would pay for your time of course.....

29. If you have a way to read the ecu i could help you out mate. Get in touch via pm

30. Tuur, if you will do it, he wants 400+. it's closer to drive to Nederland :grinning:

31. Well, there is an update, I finally decided it was worth a trip up to Leeds to see if Paul at RS Tuning could help me out.....seems that is what I should have done in the first place!!! As everyone else has discovered the Espace is not like any other Renault, similar to some Lagunas, but nothing like the Meganes or Clios, however Paul would NOT let it beat him and after a 10 hour day and basically a totally custom written map we now have 246hp and 280 ft lbs on a very conservative map as the car has a slight oil leak and is still on standard plastic Espace boost pipes and intercooler etc so we just wanted it running ok with a bit more go in it and more importantly I just wanted to know that it could be done before I spend more money on it. Now I know it can so the next stage of development begins....!! I can't recommend Paul and RS Tuning enough, he really knows his stuff and was determined he would sort it out which he has done.

I bet he can't wait to see it again....!! :wink::wink:

Charlie Howard and matt e like this.
  32. 632CA49E-1EAD-4830-A879-C2F60B37F55D.png

33. This is exactly what I told you almost half year ago, find somebody in UK!
    Yes Espace has it's own programme that is not like any other Renault, but if you can do the custom remapping on each particular map as I do too, then it's no problem to tune it.
    I'm glad you could tune your Espace now, congratulations!
    Even though according to your hardware as forged m2rs engine and turbo and exhaust would expect much more hp, but next time with a new updates.
    In my 9 Espace I only changed injectors, sometimes turbo and sometimes middle exhaust pipe, nothing more, everything else is stock!
    Didn't want to spend more money than needed for max 270hp.
    Now is time for some of your video with a accelerations. :-)
    Keep on tuning!

Flynny likes this.
  34. Charlie Howard

You got any videos of it running we can see?

35. I have but it told me the file was too big....

36. Charlie Howard

YouTube!

37. Oh yeah.....you can tell how old I am!!!

38. Upload to YouTube and share here, you can choose security.

39. Can you show your hp print, plus boost?

40. Right, this should be You tube video...

Georgios se and tof73 like this.